Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sh5

Perspective

Rate this Entry
Some of us had less to loose than others and I for one tend to diminish my accomplishment. Today, my husband put things into perspective for me.

We are about to leave on a two week trip to Europe. We took a Rick Steves challenge by only taking what would fit into an overnight bag. Needless to say, our bulging carry-ons are heavy. My husband weighed them and commented that I have lost more than the weight of both bags together. I then lifted them and it struck me just how heavy 53 lbs. felt. How did I ever manage?

Submit "Perspective" to Digg Submit "Perspective" to del.icio.us Submit "Perspective" to StumbleUpon Submit "Perspective" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, so true. Great Job keep up the good work. Any pounds loss is success. I'm thinking the same...how did I ever manage!
    So true!
    Perspective is needed throughout the journey. Congrats on your success.
    Congratulations on your hard work.

53lbs lost is a little over 185,000 calories or more than 18,000 M&M's candies in calories. WOW!
    I say that ALL the time. I've now lost 81 pounds. It's no wonder at all that I felt unable to move, to live, to function. We have given ourselves such a wonderful gift of life again.

Have a wonderful trip.
    Even a 5 pound bag of sugar is heavy to me. I know I feel so much better already and can't wait to keep moving forward.

Have fun on your trip!