Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lyric

Stretching stomach back to normal......

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone...........

I was wondering if its possible to stretch your stomach back out. I have noticed im able to eat way more than i was able to consume before. Its kinda scary because im always hungy.. then when i eat im amazed at how much i can eat before my tummy tells me im full.
Is this normal???
Has anyone else experienced this???
Is this part of the healing process???

Submit "Stretching stomach back to normal......" to Digg Submit "Stretching stomach back to normal......" to del.icio.us Submit "Stretching stomach back to normal......" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stretching stomach back to normal......" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I do believe its possible to stretch the stomach ALITTLE but you cant stretch it like it use to be. Your stomach will revolt and tell you. And that pain is something you DO NOT want to feel trust me
    How far out are you. The further out you are the more you will be able to eat. It will also depend on the kind of food you eat and how long you are sitting there eating it. I was told you can not stretch your stomach, but as the swelling goes down your intake will go up. Also depending on the food you are eating it may be a slider food for you. For example I can eat salad normally if I have no protein with it.
    Yes, over time and with the resumption of poor eating habits it is possible to stretch the sleeved stomach to pre-sleeved sizes. Some patients look at WLS as.a magic bullet. However, it is not. But here's the good news, it would take several years to revert back to pre-sleeve levels. Your surgeon can request an ultrasound and/or scope to check to see if the stomach's size has insreased. That said, with the loss of 85% of the stomach Ghrelin production will be down for several months immediately after surgery which is your 4-6 month window to see the biggest amount of weight loss results. As Ghrelin hormonne production returns your appetite will return. Avoid grazing and stick with 3-4 meals per day for the greatest level of success.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGavu
    How far out are you. The further out you are the more you will be able to eat. It will also depend on the kind of food you eat and how long you are sitting there eating it. I was told you can not stretch your stomach, but as the swelling goes down your intake will go up. Also depending on the food you are eating it may be a slider food for you. For example I can eat salad normally if I have no protein with it.
    I am 5 months post op!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich-D
    Yes, over time and with the resumption of poor eating habits it is possible to stretch the sleeved stomach to pre-sleeved sizes. Some patients look at WLS as.a magic bullet. However, it is not. But here's the good news, it would take several years to revert back to pre-sleeve levels. Your surgeon can request an ultrasound and/or scope to check to see if the stomach's size has insreased. That said, with the loss of 85% of the stomach Ghrelin production will be down for several months immediately after surgery which is your 4-6 month window to see the biggest amount of weight loss results. As Ghrelin hormonne production returns your appetite will return. Avoid grazing and stick with 3-4 meals per day for the greatest level of success.
    Thanks Mich..
    Im have been grazing alot lately. Im going to try to stick to the 3 to 4 meals daily.

Thanks for your response.