Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MrsSize4

1 week post op and lost 6lbs. Is this normal?

Rate this Entry
Can someone share their 1 week post op experience? I am only drinking cream of soups, premium protein shake, and water. I am drinking about 35 to 40 ounces of liquid and eating between 260 to 360 calories. I was expecting to lose more weight.

Submit "1 week post op and lost 6lbs. Is this normal?" to Digg Submit "1 week post op and lost 6lbs. Is this normal?" to del.icio.us Submit "1 week post op and lost 6lbs. Is this normal?" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 week post op and lost 6lbs. Is this normal?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I average 5.6 pounds of weight loss per week
    That's a lot! Remember you probably had gained after surgery die to all the fluid they pumped you full of. How much protein are you getting? I couldn't have cream soups until 2 weeks out...just protein shakes but my calorie count was higher to fet it all in. I also had to drink more fluid per day
    I think it's early for cream soup, too. I was clear liquids for 2 full weeks then full liquids but couldn't tolerate cream soup for quite a while.
    I am trying to get more liquids In, but I get full and I have to wait a while before I intake more liquids. I have not been sleeping well. Maybe that is why I have not lost more weight.
    Follow your surgeons instructions and trust the process. Every body is different and every week can be different. 6lbs is great, especially since we typically "gain" weight from all the IV fluids with surgery. You'll do great!!!
    i would say its normal cause you are losing water weight from iv fluids in the hospital i came home with a weight gain cause of all the fluids they gave me took me a couple of weeks to get it all off
    If I still had a like button, I would like Terps' comments. That said, put away your scales! Many people become discouraged because they unreasonably try to compare their results against others on this site. Weight loss is different for all of us. I actually GAINED weight from surgery because each IV bag weighs 2.2 lbs and I was given several during the 2.5 hours of being in surgery. In a few weeks you will hit a stall, the first of many and it can be a source of frustration, but it should not get down. Continue to follow the advice of your medical team and remember you did not put the weight on all at once. Check with your surgeon as your water intake may be too low and thereby putting you into dehydration.
    Do not worry!! I lost my gain after surgery in a few days & I am losing weight at a good rate but stopped weighing myself. I am now only going to weigh myself weekly & that is it. I don't need to frustration & I already know I am going to do this. I don't need a scale or a number to tell me so.
    Thank you all for your input! I am a control freak and have been weighing myself daily! It is hard being home with nothing to do! Lol The over achiever in me is going crazy haha. Thanks everyone again!
    Scales are your worst enemy. Who would think that a little small gadget could dictate our moods. If you're only taking in less than 1000 calories, law of physics, you will lose weight. Go by how your clothes fit. Keep your chin up!