Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MrsSize4

Help! I have a lump on my stomach area

Rate this Entry
I am on day 6 and decided to go to the mall for a long walk. I walked about a mile and a half. As I was touching my stomach I felt a small lump in the mid right area. It is right behind one of my incisions. Should I run to the ER? Help it's freaking me out!

Submit "Help! I have a lump on my stomach area" to Digg Submit "Help! I have a lump on my stomach area" to del.icio.us Submit "Help! I have a lump on my stomach area" to StumbleUpon Submit "Help! I have a lump on my stomach area" to Google

Tags: -1' Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You may want to inform your surgeon. If that is not an option, seek medical advice. Throughout my weightloss journey, I have discovered 9 lumps in my chest, 7 have been identified as fatty tumors called lipomas. The other 2 were excised during my recent gynecamasta surgery and have been sent off for pathology. Good luck.
    Hey, I had one under my largest incision it was just build up from the healing of the incision. It went down eventually. I'm 3 1/2 months out and it's no longer there. I do recall asking my nurse about it and she told me no need to worry about it and it will go down.
    The lump is under one of my incisions. I freaked out a bit, but my other friend said it was normal. Thank you for your feedback
    I had the same issue the day after surgery my larges incision was large and hard, I also had a port from lap band removed. My doctor said its fluid, and because its an empty space it fills with blood just because. I was told to use a heating pack a few times a day for about 10-15 min and it would break up. I have been doing that and the swelling/lump/hardness has gone down quite a bit. Plus the heat heals good on it.
    i would tell your surgeon my friend had this happen to her and the incision actually got a hernia behind it from the scope being there so i would have your doc check that out
    Hernia! I am asking my surgeon on my next appointment