Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

fyneteacher

It WAS the fat!

Rate this Entry
YEA!!!! 70 pounds down from my highest weight of 272 pounds in last summer, August 2014. I had my surgery on December 30 which makes 3 months next week and that day I weighed 241 pounds. It is unbelievable that I have gone from a size 22 to a size 18 since then. I had forgotten that I had some really cute clothes just sitting there on the racks of my closet. Right now, I love to go shopping every night (in my own closet) to find "new" outfits to wear to work.

I am so happy and I feel a 100 percent healthier than I did before. I have way more energy to play with my son and really live life. I guess the doctors were right about feeling better when I lost weight and that my health issues would go away. It WAS the fat making me sick and keeping me sick. No more blood pressure meds!

I am thankful for the gift of health and life! I look forward to what the future has in store for me as I become more of an active participant in my present.

Abundant Blessings to all that have been sleeved and those will be sleeved in the future.

Submit "It WAS the fat!" to Digg Submit "It WAS the fat!" to del.icio.us Submit "It WAS the fat!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It WAS the fat!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So happy for your success!
    What an awesome future ahead of you. I love the idea of shopping in my closet as I too have quite a few sizes available-and they are still in fashion lol. You sound so happy -and you should be. Good for you girl.
    Amen! Congrats to you and those you love.
    Congratulations! I am almost 6 weeks out, and am still frustrated, not feeling well, and not losing the weight like I would like to. You give me hope that "time" will be my savior.
    Congrats on your success
    Yippie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila
    Congratulations! I am almost 6 weeks out, and am still frustrated, not feeling well, and not losing the weight like I would like to. You give me hope that "time" will be my savior.

Trust me I understand. I'm 7 weeks Post-op and lost 31 pounds so far. But keep in mind I would love for the weight to come off but not as fast, that way I dont have people looking at me like I'm sick or something.lol
    Congratulations! What a wonderful testimony. You help those of us that are newly sleeved see that they pay off is well worth the time and effort.
    Congratulations on your shopping trips! Before surgery, I hated going out let alone shopping so I bought things online. if a shirt fit, I bought it in 5 colors/patterns. if pants fit I bought 5 pair. Well as I got bigger, I bought the same clothes just in bigger sizes. I practically had a meltdown when the store no longer carried the pants I'd been wearing for at least two years (capris and pants) That meant I had to buy more, return more and it was a nightmare. So, I got some new pants and since surgery I had them taken in and they are big again! Even that gets expensive! I wish I knew how to sew, it is just straight line sewing, I wouldn't think I'd be charged 15.00/pair of pants! I will not go shopping for a while,i've got a wardrobe full of different sizes, just have to "GO SHOPPING"
    Continued blessing you ladybug! How cool, I'm counting down the days until my surgery and pre-op diet. I hope to be able to share similar stories like yours, and the ultimate goal getting off blood pressure meds, losing my sleep apnea machine, and hopefully not having a flair up of gou would be my blessing. At any rate, the very best to you, Happy Easter to your son.