Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JRC

Dumping and full body spanx are NOT a good combonation

Rate this Entry
I thought that at 8 months post op I was completely out of the woods and there would be no surprises at this point.... boy was I wrong!
I have been one of the fortunate ones who has had very little problems with surgery. THEN THIS PAST WEEK HAPPENED!

We have an out of town guest visiting who wants to try everything the south has to offer.... which is a whole lot! Over the weekend we went out and I did not overindulge but what I did eat was fried and had a good amount of sugar to it and I was up ALL night with terrible reflux. (In hindsight should have considered that a warning from my body)

Then Tuesday we went to the Waffle House, which is a greasy highway dinner for those unfamiliar. That is when All Gastronomical HELL broke loose. It seriously hit me the minute we pulled out of the parking lot. Stomach churning, heart racing, intense nausea... it was terrible. God answered my silent prayers as there was a rest stop on the very next exit. I am not one to give TMI, but let me just say That was the stuff that Horror Movies are made of. There was a little girl in there coughing and gagging asking her Mom what was going on as her Mother embarrassingly tried to shush her. I was mortified!

I had no problem the rest of the day or Wednesday at all. Life was back to normal. Then a very similar episode took place yesterday.... except this time I was working.

I had to give a presentation for my company and was in an unforgiving dress that required full body spanx to lay right. Everything went well and we went to lunch where I ordered a spinach and asiago quesh.... Wrong choice. Once again within minutes of leaving the restaurant I was in sheer panic looking for a restroom. Unfortunately this time there wasn't anything really close by. I was sweating and driving the best I could while clinching tight, trying to hold onto my dignity. I learned the definition of sheer panic as I was speed walking through the parking lot of the local grocery store only to rip all of my clothes off trying to get out of the confines of those blame spanx the second I walked into the restroom. This time there was blood as well. I called my Dr office and she said it was Dumping and I needed to be extra careful with what I was eating since I have the immediate dumping.

It is strange that I felt relief that she knew what I was talking about and even though she said it is unusual to have such intense episodes for a sleeve patient it wasn't unheard of. I did have a second round about 30 minutes later yesterday where it was only once Tuesday. Our guest is leaving this weekend so it will be back to baked foods and steamed veggies for me. I am perfectly fine with boring food along with boring bathroom activities compared to what I have experienced this past week!

Submit "Dumping and full body spanx are NOT a good combonation" to Digg Submit "Dumping and full body spanx are NOT a good combonation" to del.icio.us Submit "Dumping and full body spanx are NOT a good combonation" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dumping and full body spanx are NOT a good combonation" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's never happened to me away from home, thank gawd! But even at a year and 1/2 post-op, if I over do on sugar there will be hell to pay! In limited quantities, it's all good, but 1 cookie too many and ugh! NOT FUN! I look at it as the gift of a strong deterrent not to binge on sugar.
    LOL! Sorry to laugh. But I know that feeling of urgency and have fast-walked myself through airports, parking lots, Walmarts, etc. It's terrifying! (But still funny, too.)

I occasionally have a reaction to my protein shakes, which only sometimes (most of the time not) cause an urgency-response because of the amount of "sugar alcohols" involved.

Right after I joined this forum, I started seeing this phrase in signature blocks and in multiple postings: "Never trust a fart!"

It's true.

And enjoy getting back to your plain vanilla diet. Eventually, we'll figure all this out.
    LOL! Sorry to laugh. But I know that feeling of urgency and have fast-walked myself through airports, parking lots, Walmarts, etc. It's terrifying! (But still funny, too.)
    OMG - I haven't even been sleeved yet and I have this problem already - except sometimes....I don't even make it! My husband is not going to be happy about this! LOL
    Happened to me at a CVS Pharmacy. I thought Sleevers were immune from that stuff. Not really. So embarassed. Love the, "Never trust a Fart" comment from Ann2. It should be a Tag on this forum.
    Hahaha - I can sooo relate to that. 12 months out in Dec 2014 and travelling to family for xmas. I was driving and we stopped at MacDonalds for breakfast. I had 1/2 muffin with scrambled egg and a hash brown. 10 mins after we left OMG - lucky the next town was only another 10 mins away and into the public loos I went - I think I lost half my body weight. It was at a playground and all I could hear was the various kids saying "Mum what's that smell". On the way back after xmas I had a delicious ice cream and then drove like a lunatic to the next town and christened the service station there. All I can say is that I will NEVER partake in fast food or treats whilst travelling.
    Forgive me for laughing. Been there done that. I am 8 months out and I have the reflux after eating fried foods and the rush to the bathroom if I eat sweets. I have learned NEVER try anything new unless you are in the privacy of your own home.
    I too have this. Never fail I can eat air and it happens. I hate it. I should have stock in antidiarrheal medications.