Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

groundedsteve

Eight months out

Rate this Entry
So I'm not at my goal weight. I'm working out a lot and I'm eating a lot (not like I used to but it feels like a lot of food). I think I'm fine with this though because I'm still losing weight ... Albeit slowly. And I'm not in diet mode, hopefully this is how the rest of my life will be. Restaurants, a little wine here and there, hanging out with friends without behaving different.

I'm not on the scale but maybe once a month. I think my biggest fear are slider foods and stalls. I'm also intrigued by the concept of cleaner eating. Perhaps some would think if I'm concerned about too much of the wrong thing I'd be on the scale more but I'm the type to allow the scale to determine my mood for the day. So I avoid.

I'm using this blog today as my journal and what I'm journaling is I see others at eight months out and having a lot better results than me and I'm trying to justify my behavior. In the end it's all our own personal journey and as long as I am present and mindful I'll be fine. ( ... I'm good enough, I'm strong enough and doggone it people like me ...)

Sorry for the blather.

Submit "Eight months out" to Digg Submit "Eight months out" to del.icio.us Submit "Eight months out" to StumbleUpon Submit "Eight months out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats on the success.
    I too have been eating a little cleaner. When I go to the grocery store I shop the perimeter only. Veggies, fruit, dairy, meat. The aisles have things that just jump in your cart when you aren't looking.
    I don't know if I'm having better results. I am below my goal weight at a year out. My biggest issues now are body image and the mental aspect of food. I really don't enjoy eating and when I get stressed I have to deal with the emotion instead of my trusted bag of sour cream and onion potato chips.
    I do get on the scale everyday - that is my comfort. So different for all of us.
    You know what works for you...listen to your body. It will tell you everything you need to know to be successful. And keep having fun.
    You're good enough, you're strong enough and you look great!
    You look great, strong and healthy! I'm 9 months out and at goal. Slider foods are so dangerous. I find there are foods I can eat a lot of with very little restriction. But I refuse to "diet" because I truly believe that is what got me and kept me fat most of my life. I enjoy some wine every now and then. When we are with friends it usually isn't obvious that I'm doing anything different, just a bit cleaner (no bun with a burger) and a little less (only half the burger.) it feels great!!!
    Your stressing way too much. Whatever you are doing is working . You look not only healthy but toned! Impressed! I have surgery on April 14th and I hope to be not just slimmer but fit. That's my personal goal to lose yet build muscle.
    Jeez, Steve ... you look wonderful! I dunno how anybody could be doing better than you look.

Give yourself a big ole attaboy!
    You have done wonderfully. Congratulations and keep it moving! I think you should continue to share your story. You can inspire others. It also helps a person stay motivated.