Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rosepetals65

Everybody gots Something to Say

Rate this Entry
My recent experience with medical professionals - I contacted RN nurse at my previous Bariatric Dr office (who fought the good fight w/Insurance Co - even tho we lost) to get the protein they recommend for their WL patients and she remembered me from 2 years ago - told me she would be informing the Dr of my decision to go to Mexico; congratulated me on my decision; made me schedule a follow up appt upon my return; gave me good pricing on the protein; wished me well, gave me a hug, and told me she would be praying me.
On this same day, I had an appt with my endocrinologist- needed to make sure my thyroid was OK prior to the big day and she was the total opposite - she made all kinds of faces when I informed her of my decision; she made comments like "are you sure" "I heard bad things about people who go to Mexico" "did you check out the Dr?" "why cant you get in done in the states?" I was very polite in my stance we I replied to her despite your opinion I have prayed about this and I feel that this is the BEST option for me - I informed her that I feel like this is the MOST LOVING and CARING decision I have made for me!!!!!

Submit "Everybody gots Something to Say" to Digg Submit "Everybody gots Something to Say" to del.icio.us Submit "Everybody gots Something to Say" to StumbleUpon Submit "Everybody gots Something to Say" to Google

Comments

I'm glad that you responded in that way, but definitely, do not neglect concern! I also had my procedure done in Mexico, complication free and a very quick recovery (I was back to work on day 6 I believe, started light cardio after 2 weeks). There are those who by neglect, nature or other happenstance have complications. The biggest concern is the financial implication that can impose, and the fact you're so far removed from your surgeon which is unlikely outfitted for long term follow care. It is truly a great journey and despite all, I wouldn't be where I am today w/o my very capable surgeon! I hope her abundance of concern will be unfounded. Best wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by newclear
    I'm glad that you responded in that way, but definitely, do not neglect concern! I also had my procedure done in Mexico, complication free and a very quick recovery (I was back to work on day 6 I believe, started light cardio after 2 weeks). There are those who by neglect, nature or other happenstance have complications. The biggest concern is the financial implication that can impose, and the fact you're so far removed from your surgeon which is unlikely outfitted for long term follow care. It is truly a great journey and despite all, I wouldn't be where I am today w/o my very capable surgeon! I hope her abundance of concern will be unfounded. Best wishes.
    Rosepetals, I sent you a PM
    Good luck you. This is your choice your way!