Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

Tmi monthly issues

Rate this Entry
So have any of you ladies noticed changes w/ your monthly cycles since being sleeved? I have my period this week & my cramps are so bad that I called in sick to work Monday & have been taking hot baths w/ Epsom salts everyday & the past 2 nights I've taken muscle relaxers. It feels like each month it gets worse. I go for my annual on April 2 & plan to talk to my gyno about it. I'm 38 so no chance of peri menopause yet. Just curious if anybody's noticed if your periods gotten worse since being sleeved?

Submit "Tmi monthly issues" to Digg Submit "Tmi monthly issues" to del.icio.us Submit "Tmi monthly issues" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tmi monthly issues" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

my period switched the day it came i started two days after surgery and that was almost two weeks to early so now i go the first of the month instead of the middle of the month and also i bleed heavier for a couple of days and also i cramp worse i was told by my NUT that when you lose fat in you fat cells it also releases hormones that is stored up in there to i also have acne like mad i have never had that issue before
    Yep, they are aweful!! I cried at the car dealer today. Batshit crazy anyone? They are an every 10-14 day horror movie make over, my jr high school pic called and wants my acne back and i am an emotional wakko .... and its perfectly acceptable to my obgyn. She is a trader to the cause. But she agrees that my body is processing out the stored up hormones.
    Well, my surgeon had recommended I do something to prevent pregnancy cause the surgery is metabolic so being on the pill wasn't enough...my pms was so bad before the surgery, I'd cry for no reason headache, backache the whole nine...I suffered this since I was 14...premysin(spelling?) is what I took and it alleviated all the symptoms including the psych portion of the pms but now since the surgery...btw I had my period with my surgery gross! I had an IUD implanted 1week post op. And this is my 3rd cycle with it and holy crap it's great now...no major blood loss,no fatigue,no attitude adjustment,headache for one day not a week,boobs tender not painful, and with in 3-6 months I won't even get a period...it stays in for 5 years...hope this helps
    Sorry honey, but you could be in perimenopause...
    I had a Mirena IUS put in last year due to abnormal uterine bleeding (diagnosed endometrial hyperplasia) and it's been great. I wasn't sleeved then, and I've had no problems in the 5 weeks now since I was sleeved.
    Menopause is different for everyone. My mother suffered early menopause and I have been having symptoms since I was 32. After being sleeved, my cycle has changed. This month was really bad. I had 2 severely heavy days with cramping that felt like my insides were being ripped out and then 2 extremely light days with minimal symptoms except I started to have back spasms. These spasms increased until I could barely move on Sunday. I am still experiencing the spasms, but the lower back swelling and the pain has diminished.

If you think you might be in perimenopause, there is a simple blood test that the doctor can do to diagnose. Also, better to find out now than to wait because of the increased risk of menopausal side-effects from the lack of estrogen in your blood. If you are not in perimenopause, you took a blood test you did not need to take.