Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Blessed2

Wow..........one year!

Rate this Entry
Hard to believe that it has been a year since I had my surgery, my does time fly. When I think about how much my life has changed in a year it's almost like I can't even comprehend it. Although I am 28 pounds away from my goal, I have lost 89 pounds. The only regret that I have is that I wish that I had gotten the surgery years ago. I haven't had any problem. I feel so much better and I KNOW that I am healthier. My knees don't hurt like they use to, I can actually walk up and down stairs with out having to take one at a time. I can actually shop in ladies or juniors section. I haven't done that in almost 20 years!! I have gone from a size 22 to a size 12. I feel better about myself and I have so much more energy. Today I feel very humbled by what having the sleeve done has given me. I work in the medical field and when I get asked questions from patients that are getting ready to have the surgery I always tell them that the surgery for me was one of the best things that I have ever done BUT it is a tool. It is not a quick fix, it is a lifestyle change. You have to put in the effort to get the kind of results that you want and to be able to stay there. I am very grateful for the surgery for as I said my life has changed dramatically. My next goal is to lose that last 28 pounds and if I keep doing what I've been doing, although it may take some time, I WILL get there!!!!

Submit "Wow..........one year!" to Digg Submit "Wow..........one year!" to del.icio.us Submit "Wow..........one year!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wow..........one year!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay!!!! Happy one year!!!!
    Wonderful post! Congrats!
    Congratulations!!
    Happy surgiversary! I'll be one year next month. I didn't want to look in the mirror while washing my face yesterday, having avoided mirrors for years, thinking I probably look fat and would be disappointed. My mental thing. But looking back at me was this thin lady. It was me!
    And I've learned that a small salad made with chicken, nice lettuce, multi colored bell peppers and Italian dressing fills me up so quickly! Unlike anything else I've ever eaten. I can only take half a dozen bites. Now I know my secret to staying this way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandoit
    Wonderful post! Congrats!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee6Lee
    Happy surgiversary! I'll be one year next month. I didn't want to look in the mirror while washing my face yesterday, having avoided mirrors for years, thinking I probably look fat and would be disappointed. My mental thing. But looking back at me was this thin lady. It was me!
    And I've learned that a small salad made with chicken, nice lettuce, multi colored bell peppers and Italian dressing fills me up so quickly! Unlike anything else I've ever eaten. I can only take half a dozen bites. Now I know my secret to staying this way!
    I know what you mean about looking in the mirror, seems like it takes our mind a little longer to catch up. Just yesterday I was eating lunch at work and having my usual serving of cottage cheese. My coworker asked "don't you get tired of eating that, you have it almost everyday"? My reply was "no I love it". LOL. couldn't have said that a year ago.