Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

Mom jeans & emotional vampires

Rate this Entry
I worked yesterday w/ my husband & friends & wore my new red Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. My friend Sarah, hubby & my son said they looked like mom jeans because they are high waisted. I was a little offended to tell you the truth. Yes I'm 38 & a mom but damnit I'm in a size 6! My sister & I had another big fight the other day & now aren't speaking to each other & my mom of course is taking her side because she's enabling her & not talking to me either. We were supposed to meet fri at my therapists. My mom talked her out of going so I flipped out & called my mom & told her I was very upset she talked Janine out of going to therapy w/ me & to call me that night. She never called. My sister claims severe ptsd that's why she quit her part time job & got on welfare w/ a masters degree in psychology no less!!! I told her to join the club I've had it for years & still handled my shit! She said what do you have it from completely discrediting everything I've been through in my life. I told her I was disgusted by the choices she's made & shed become a statistic & I was done w/ her toxic bottom feeder lifestyle. That night I spoke to a good friend of mine who's working on her doctorate in psychology & she suggested I get a book called emotional vampires people who drain you dry. I loved the title so I got it on my kindle. Holy lord I've been surrounded by damn vampires my entire life!!! My grandmother was a histrionic narcissistic vampire , my dad was a daredevil bully vampire & that's about how far I've gotten into it. But yes my sister & even my mom have become emotional vampires to me. I'm black & white in almost everything in my life no grey areas. I'm either all in or all out. My friend & my therapist agree that I have to set boundaries w/ my family. Not cut them off completely. So after I spke w/ them and slept on it I sent my sister a text saying I don't agree w/ the choices you've made but it's your life. You're still my sister & I love you. I just want the very best for you always have always will. I shouldn't have called you names I'm sorry. That was 2 days ago & I haven't heard anything form her or my mother for that matter. My mom & my sister have become very co defendant on each other. My sisters been codependent all her life & my mom has enabled her. My mom is a Do-for. She did for her mom, my dad & now my sister. She sees it as helping but it's actually hurting my sister because it's keeping her stuck & limiting her true potential. Janine has always had my mom to fall back on. My brother & I married young & built lives for ourselves. Janine married later but still depended on my mother & is continuing to do so in her 2nd marriage. When my mom is gone what is she going to do? How will she cope? My friend & therapist said she will come running to me because up until now I had been her sounding board to a certain extent. When she chose to leave my parents house w/ her abusive cheating loser first husband she cut my entire family off for 2 years except me. Now I'm choosing to keep her at arms length for my well being & sanity. I live up in the mountains 20 miles away from my family. If I don't go down to them I never see them. No one ever comes to me. Phone too. So they way I see it is this. If I don't go to them I most likely won't see them til probably Easter lol. I've really been working on myself & trying very hard not to be an angry person like my father was but its so ingrained in me & I take everything so personally. I've always felt things very strongly and continue to do so. For lent I'm giving up saying I hate. My son said it will make me a better mom. He's right. If I don't care for something I go directly to hate. Always have but I'm hoping to break that. So pray for me. I need it. Thanks for listening.

Submit "Mom jeans & emotional vampires" to Digg Submit "Mom jeans & emotional vampires" to del.icio.us Submit "Mom jeans & emotional vampires" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mom jeans & emotional vampires" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))), I honestly feel your pain and lost of words, I hope things get better. You are a strong woman....
    Quote Originally Posted by jennak89
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))), I honestly feel your pain and lost of words, I hope things get better. You are a strong woman....
    Thanks hon!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!
    I will keep you in my prayers. Anger is hard to let go of. Journaling might help. That book sounds fascinating - I will have to check it out. I have lots of toxic family members (first degree.) The best thing you can do is to work on you (which you are doing.) That takes courage so give yourself a big pat on the back. Maybe some time and space from the ones who push your buttons will give you some perspective. I've found loving some people from a distance is much easier because it can just get complicated if I focus on them too much. You truly can love people and let them go at the same time (and more importantly love yourself.) You deserve to be happy. Surround yourself with positive, loving and supportive people (whenever possible.) I like that you gave up "hate" for lent. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - that is healthy to get it out.... Have a wonderful day!!
    Wear your red, high waisted Mom jeans. I bet they look great!
    Don't they know the high waisted look is back in style (not that we really care)? Personally I could never wear lower than a mid-rise. And who likes that whole butt-crack/butt hanging out look that you see with people who wear their pants too low.
    I'm not so sure what's wrong w/ "mum jeans", despite the size. It's such a generic term anyway... high cut not being the only defining attribute. I have my size 4 "mum jeans" which is straight legged, sits at my waist, and is looser/less flattering than some of my better fitting jeans (which are hard to get these days because 8-14 is more available) and gosh darn it,they're comfy as heck. I rock them with pride regardless... because guess what? I'm healthy, I like em and jeans is not a battle I choose to fight in the war that life can be. BTW, I'm not a mum yet. Don't take it all so personally! Best wishes.
    I have known people in the past with degrees in psych and they were far nuttier than I ever dreamed of being

But you're right - it's her life - you can hate her choices and still love her. Take it from someone who has been there and done that if you truly love your sister don't let another minute go by before you reconnect. I had a falling out over something really stupid in Dec of 2008 with my sister who I adored all of my life and the next thing I heard about her (she was in Illinois and I am in Arizona) was when I got a call on Memorial Day of 2009 that she had died the nite before. I'll never have a chance to reconnect with her.
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I don't think your jeans were mom jeans just because they are high waisted. In fact, high waist jeans are coming back in style. I guess the world is tired of seeing butt crack and underwear!!!