Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

azladyrider

Soooo why is one worse than the other?

Rate this Entry
So I'm in a Circle K the other day and truly not paying any attention to other people in front or behind me - I was busy checking my phone for emails.
All of a sudden I hear this loud voice saying "GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDD EAT A CHEESEBURGER LADY YOU LOOK LIKE SH**" (um if 113 pounds at 5'4" is looking like sh** then ok I'll take it) So I look up and there's this 300 plus pound woman in front of me with 4 kids all equally as fat for their ages and heights and she's buying them all big gulps and bags of candy. I was mortified when I realized every eye in the Circle K was watching. So after I picked my jaw up off the floor I just looked at her and said "No thank you I see you have eaten enough cheeseburgers for both of us" And I went back to checking my phone.

THEN I got called a bitch by three people listening (they were also well over 250 pounds). Really? Since when did it become perfectly acceptable for people to publicly shame people for being fit and thin but it's not acceptable for anyone to mention weight issues to heavy people?

C'mon people it's not ok to say things like this to ANYONE EVER thin or heavy.

Submit "Soooo why is one worse than the other?" to Digg Submit "Soooo why is one worse than the other?" to del.icio.us Submit "Soooo why is one worse than the other?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Soooo why is one worse than the other?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's horrible. I can't believe some stranger would say that out loud to you in a store! What a lowlife! And the rest of them too who chimed in.
    WOW that is crazy... But good for you.
    You can't win. When you were obese, people thought you should be eating salads instead of a cheeseburger, now that you are thin, they think the opposite.

Are you happy at your weight? If so, "F" everyone else.

Her kids were with her because they had no school; she in turn, has "no class".
    I commend you on not ripping her a new one in front of her children (she probably would have shoved some fattening food in that new hole anyway).

Keep up the good work. You look great.

You could have always told her a lie:
    "I weigh this much since it is difficult for me to keep down food, especially greasy food like cheeseburgers, because I am dying of cancer. Thank you for your concern".
    Then her little overweight kids would have seen what she is like, killed her in her sleep and ate her corpse.
    THAT was a great comeback! Anyone rude enough to blurt like she did deserves a colorful comeback!
    What insane, unhappy, unbalanced, awful people. The woman who first accosted you might also have been on drugs.

Reminds me of when the heavy women in a shoe shoe store called jessiejess a "skinny bitch."

But great comeback, Sue.

After thinking hard for 2 minutes, I still don't know what I could / should would have said to her, if anything. Situations like that just sort of gobsmack you, don't they?
    I was totally shocked but sadly this isn't the first time I have had shit like that said to me. True I did deserve it as a joke from friends when I hit 98 pounds and I laughed and told them all that if one more person told me to eat a cheeseburger I was gonna go to Mickey D's and buy 100 of them and beat them all with them. lol They stopped. But they had a right to be concerned when my weight went down that far.

I will admit as bad as this sounds; that when I see a morbidly obese person filling up on huge sodas and candy I am kind of like "ugh" but it's more because of due to that was ME 3 years ago and I thank God I took this step. But when I see children that are morbidly obese sorry THAT just downright pisses me off. If a parent wants to be fat and unhealthy (and c'mon I don't buy the whole "yes I'm obese but I'm still healthy" crap) then that's their choice but when I see them shoveling the crap into their kids that's a form of abuse or neglect or laziness; whatever.

I still can't believe that I came out looking like the bitch but that's ok at least I'm a skinny bitch lol
    And yep Ann - the better think to say to her of course would have been "Bless your heart"" LOL
    I think what you eat is a personal decision and nobodys business, agreed?
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_lisa
    I just came back from 5 days at Disney..... every time I saw a large person with a turkey leg and/or cotton candy,,,, I was just so thankful that the sleeve is an option for me.
    I love your reaction to this lol It doesnt matter what you look like people will be jealous of what they don't have that they want so they treat you like shit when you have it! As if teating you bad will make them better people????
    That person is so miserable w/ herself, so she lashed out at a perfect stranger, when all she wanted to do was bury her self disgust in a bag of Doritos and a super size big gulp. You showed extreme class.
    Another good response to tell someone off is say to them "consider the source"! I myself believe in an eye for an eye theroy because as with anything anyone does thats evil, criminalistic, or just plain rude is that they deserve to be accountable because 99.9% of the time people do or say shit they could of stepped back because it was premeditated by these losers and deserve to be pushed back cause thats how you gain respect and then they leave you alone kinda like bullying. I never start trouble but I sure as hell never take it! Everone is born with the common sense instinct of wrong and right. True example my seven year old son was being picked on at school and after trying to get administration involved of course in never stops the problem by punishing a bully or trying to talk to them so I said to my son very next time punch him in the jaw which he did and guess what no meeting 2nd time around with bullies parents. Now that punk never messes with my son and now he kisses my sons ass but my son will never be his friend! Mean and stupid people suck!
    I agree, let's be nice. I can't believe that happened to you. I do look at heavy people differently now, though I would never say anything. I'm a teacher and have so many obese middle school students it just breaks my heart. What future does a 250 pound 11 year old girl have to look forward to?
    You leave me alone, I leave you alone and it doesn't get any simpler than that! Never feel sorry for a troublemaker! You always know what and why you do someting before you do it .... No excuses!
    I can't wait to be skinny shamed! Lol!
    In my heavy days, you would never have caught me saying anything like that to a thin person. I would be standing there wishing I WERE the thin person! But this new phrase they're using now "give that lady a cheeseburger" is so worn out and silly....
    While that person was, without a doubt a rude be-otch, step back for a moment. Remember when you were fat and that same thought crossed your mind when you saw a "skinny bitch"? The difference is, you had the manners and common sense not to say it out loud.

Look at it as an opportunity to share your success with someone. Smile and say, "thank you, but I've had my fair share of being a "fat bitch" too. I have struggled with obesity for years, and finally admitted that I needed help. I would be glad to share my success with you, if you like."
    Back when I was skinny (I was overweight , lost weight, got overweight again and lost weight again, then gained it and here I am) a male friend of mine said I was looking like a skeleton and, I quote "dont even have boobs anymore" I am 5'7" I was 127 pounds. That same time my best friend who was home on leave from the AF told me I "looked hungry"
    and there I was thinking I could stand to loose a few. It pissed me off then and they were my friends, for some stranger to say that?! If she was alone she'd have got. My opinion.....but she was with her kids....nice way to teach your kids how to act and make looking healthy a bad thing.
    Whatever. U look great! If you're happy, then that's the end of the conversation.
    Yeah, I love that you had a quick comeback for her. People are interesting creatures and we all have a little hypocrite in us. It's not fair that they found it acceptable for her to call you out for being thin, but not the other way around.

But you walked outta there and probably jumped on your bike (I hope you were on your bike or some other sexy ride), and she got her fat a$$ in her minivan with her fat kids in tow. Happiness is the best revenge. Who do you think is happier?
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_lisa
    HUH? I didn't say shit about what she was eating. But I also didn't need to have someone skinny or fat to tell ME to eat cause i look like shit. Which I don't. Yep it's her business if she wants to eat like a pig and in turn look like one.... have at it .... but leave me the hell alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I agree, let's be nice. I can't believe that happened to you. I do look at heavy people differently now, though I would never say anything. I'm a teacher and have so many obese middle school students it just breaks my heart. What future does a 250 pound 11 year old girl have to look forward to?
    I'll be as nice as someone is to me. Keep their mouths shut and we'll be fine... open it and say something shitty? Wellllll trust me I have had lots of experience being shitty right back. lol I worked in a bar for many many years and had my fill of rude assholes; male and female. Everyone that knows me always marvels at how I can think of a comeback in two seconds. No need to go out of one's way to be insulting for any reason.
    True! Some people think nice=pushover. Not so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybell
    I just came back from 5 days at Disney..... every time I saw a large person with a turkey leg and/or cotton candy,,,, I was just so thankful that the sleeve is an option for me.
    I would think that a small part of a turkey leg would be OK
    Hahaha Joe Poppa ! Thats the kind of stuff I like to say. They think they are being smart, usually something like a cancer remark makes them think OH SHIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasyn
    Hahaha Joe Poppa ! Thats the kind of stuff I like to say. They think they are being smart, usually something like a cancer remark makes them think OH SHIT.
    Saying "Go "F" Yourself, you ....(fill in the curse words of your choice)" might get them angry, but will probably roll off them like water off a duck's back, if they are willing to say something unsolicited like that to a total stranger in public.

If there is an ounce of compassion in that woman, she will probably think twice before she ever makes a remark like that again to a total stranger if she thought she insulted someone who was very sick, especially in front of her children.

It takes 40 muscles to frown.
    It takes 20 muscles to smile.
    And only 10 muscles to backhand someone who really deserves it.
    (Just kidding, I don't know how many muscles it takes.)
    lol "BITE ME" is my favorite saying. Or the go F yourself works for me too.