Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jeannene

6 weeks out

Rate this Entry
I am still having nausea somewhat. I take Zofran everyday. I think it is getting a little better. But maybe that's just the Zofran helping me. I am frustrated though. I struggle to eat and drink enough everyday too. When I eat, it seems like I only can take 3 bites before it starts to hurt and feel uncomfortable. I just want to cry. Nothing feels "good" per say when I eat it. I don't throw anything up, but I can't get much in either. I'm still supplementing with a protein shake daily because I just can't eat enough. I also only lost 3lbs over the last 2-3 weeks. The doctor said because I'm only getting 400-600 calories a day my body is in starvation mode. It doesn't want to let any weight go. But when you feel sick and are nauseous the last thing you want to do is eat or drink. And then when I do, it makes me feel even sicker. Very discouraging, very frustrating. I have read so many wonderful stories about how people had no issues and recovery went great. I am not one of those stories. I have had debilitating nausea for 6 weeks. I have felt so miserable. Nothing I eat or drink feels good or right. I just do not feel normal. There are many other complications that are far worse than nausea so I am thankful for that. But it has pretty much felt like I've had a stomach bug this whole time. I am hopeful I will get beyond all of this soon. I'm sure in time things will get better. I still don't regret it. Just kind of feeling weary. I'm trying to remain positive but emotionally it's wearing on me.

Submit "6 weeks out" to Digg Submit "6 weeks out" to del.icio.us Submit "6 weeks out" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 weeks out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm so sorry! My reflux for many years was characterized by nausea and I know how awful it feels. I took omeprazole. It was awful right after surgery- they gave me Zofran, Marinal, and a shot of Phenergan. At home, I continued the Zofran but it only took the edge off. I went back to a half dose of the Omeprazol, first thing in the morning, and it seems to be helping a lot more. Has your doctor considered any of these other meds? Marinal (Marinol?) is supposedly heavy duty. I filled prescriptions for everything, just in case. I really was hoping to get off all meds but oh well, maybe in time.
    I take Omeprazole 40mg I think. And no, the doctor has not considered anything else yet. I think they are just chalking it up to nausea from the surgery. I just wish it would pass you know
    Get a liquid protein New Whey Protein, try the basic like plain Greek yogurt and eat all day a teaspoon here and a bite there.