Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

greenmomma

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that - 18 months out

Rate this Entry
Just thought I'd drop a note, as much for me as for you. Some thoughts about being sleeved, a year and a half out.

I still have very good restriction. I have rarely ever "over eaten" my sleeve. I still stick with protein first and some veggies. Rarely eat "white" carbs (bread, pasta, rice, crackers, chips) although won't say never. A few bites here and there with no issue. Having said that, my favorite go to lunch is six triscuits with deli ham, turkey or tuna. I haven't done any carbonation (beer, soda, champage!) yet.

My body is okay, although I have become obsessed with the thought of reconstruction. My current medical challenge (spine surgery) has put that on hold for a bit but I'll get there. Tummy, neck and arms are priority.

I eat out. Generally sharing meals. I've recently met a fellow sleever (Hi Baby!) and we typically share an app and an entree and we rarely finish any of it. I guess I'm a cheap date (as is he). But eating little doesn't mean eating poorly. I eat good stuff. If it's going in my mouth, it's gonna be worth the room in my sleeve.

I'm going to buy a new bathing suit. Even at 280 pounds, I never had a problem being in a bathing suit or swimming. I love the beach, the pool, the water, the hot tub etc. However, at 280, buying a bathing suit was easy. If it fit, I bought it. Now, at 172, it's a whole different experience and I am overwhelmed into inactivity. I've got to get that worked out. (I so desperately want a high waisted pin up girl two piece. (!) I should post some pics of my mid section so you guys can weigh in (rimshot) on it.

For those newly sleeved, hang in there. Life is good. You are going to figure out what normal should be for you and you are going to love your life. We got this! For those considering the surgery, again, it's mental more than physical. The mental row is harder to hoe than the physical in my opinion. Be ready for that. Make sure you understand the seismic changes that having 85% of your stomach removed will bring.

Peace and love,

Momma

Submit "A little bit of this, and a little bit of that - 18 months out" to Digg Submit "A little bit of this, and a little bit of that - 18 months out" to del.icio.us Submit "A little bit of this, and a little bit of that - 18 months out" to StumbleUpon Submit "A little bit of this, and a little bit of that - 18 months out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I saw your Nancy pic and it brought me back to my childhood. I am now smiling Thank you.

Thank you for posting this even 18 months out. I know I look for people's progress the first few days after surgery and then by the month. Hearing from you 18 months is reassuring that I am making right decision.
    GM I totally get that bathing suit thing. I am size 8 P. I am a solid medium from any store out there. Guys look at me now. Girls too but that is another story. I know I look good... with clothes on. In a bathing suit that is another thing. My stomach will not see the sun. If I could I would hide my upper thighs too. I actually found a couple of suites with shorts and I think I might go that direction. My upper arms are not the best but I can live with them. The girls don't stand up and greet the world like they used to, but some suits have great support so that isn't a problem either. All that said, I wouldn't go back for anything in the world. I am so flipping happy I did this surgery.
    PS. still so happy for you GM!
    my inner thighs already hang really bad from 70lbs of weight loss i will probably buy a bathing suit with a skirt around the bottom i want to keep my belly legs and arms and try to tone as much as possible i want a reminder from where i came from and where i never want to be again i think i will be ok with the loose skin i can always wear spanx and i thank i will be happy with it we shall see in about two years lol
    I started this journey thinking that there was no way, no how I would ever have plastics. As I neared one year out and 100 pounds down, I completely changed my point of view.
    I'll be very surprised if I get plastics, but it's fun to hear about folks here who do. Or maybe I'm just pretending I'm not interested in them for myself.
    I was going to get plastics but I was very hesitant. I scar really bad. Like large purple bumpy type scars. Any little cut shows up with blinking neon brightness on my white skin. So, instead I bought a house. I think that was a better use for my money.
    Agreed Kat! Much better use of the money. I worry about the arm scars but it won't stop me from having them done. These bat wings could put an eye out.