Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Hummer

Private sleeve surgery in Belgium. I'm from uk

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Hi. Decided to pay, rather than wait the possible two years to get band done. Decided to have the sleeve op. 23 days time. Travelling to Belgium in the eurostar train with my husband. Any previous op advice from anyone? Any after op advice? Only my husband and best friend know and not told the children, and only told work I'll be off for an op, didn't ask why so didn't tell them.

Submit "Private sleeve surgery in Belgium.  I'm from uk" to Digg Submit "Private sleeve surgery in Belgium.  I'm from uk" to del.icio.us Submit "Private sleeve surgery in Belgium.  I'm from uk" to StumbleUpon Submit "Private sleeve surgery in Belgium.  I'm from uk" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi there hummer,
    I am from the uk and had a gastric sleeve on jan 19th this year, so only five weeks ago. All is going fine. Lots to tell you, so would suggest you have a read of all my blogs.
    Why are you going to Belgium for surgery? Is it cheaper? Have you met your surgeon?
    I also paid privately as has been denied surgery by NHS. Fabulous support is here petal.
    Great to see another Britisher here!!
    Xxxx
    Hi hummer I'm from the UK too. I had the sleeve on the 26th July and have lost 2lbs shy of 8stone since then. If you have any questions at all ill be happy to help. I can happily say this is the best thing I've ever done for myself and would do it again in a heartbeat. There are hard times and easy times. I got through the liquids purees and solids easily because I have kept focused on what I want to achieve. The hard times I have found are having meals with friends and family as the portion sizes I have are a great deal smaller than everyone else and usually I don't finish all of it, that doesn't bother me though as when I'm full, I'm full and satisfied. It's how other people are that makes it hard for me. Anyway as I said if you have any questions please feel free to friend me. Wishing you lots of success xx
    Hi wannabeslim.... Now slim..... I'm from Kent, Isle of sheppey. Whereabouts are you? Really grateful for the advice, it really helps to hear encouraging outcomes. Can dreading it but also can't wait if that makes sense! No one knows I'm having it done apart from my husband and good friend so it's kinda weird as I can't talk about it with anyone else! Won't tell my girls as one of them would try and talk me out of it as she's a worrier bless her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrykitten
    Hi there hummer,
    I am from the uk and had a gastric sleeve on jan 19th this year, so only five weeks ago. All is going fine. Lots to tell you, so would suggest you have a read of all my blogs.
    Why are you going to Belgium for surgery? Is it cheaper? Have you met your surgeon?
    I also paid privately as has been denied surgery by NHS. Fabulous support is here petal.
    Great to see another Britisher here!!
    Xxxx
    Hi Kerry, wow 5 weeks ago, so hopefully things are going well. I can get it done on the NHS now but was refused two years ago as I wasn't heavy enough!! Now the goal posts have changed and now my bmi is high enough! But, it could take up to two years for it to happen and I'm not prepared to waste another two years waiting, you never know how long we've got so want it done asap. So fed up of trying to lose weight and then putting it all back on again!
    Hi, well, just over 7 weeks post op and I've lost 36lbs altogether. Not as much as some but at last it's moving. I'm not eating or drinking enough so as of two days ago have started really trying and it's starting to shift at last! Hope you're OK and well.
    Hi Hummer! I am getting the surgery done with Dr Philip Vande Borre as well & in Belgium too! So glad to have found you and seeing your posts here, any advice for me on what to expect post of and pre op, my surgery is on the 10th June, 2015.. so nt too far from now, will be flying on the 9th of june to brussels Any advice for the 2 days hospital stay?

have a good day x

Sorry jf there are typo's as im writing from a mobile.
    xxx
    Hi all

I m getting surgery with Phillip van den borre in Belgium too....How has it been for you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria
    Hi Hummer! I am getting the surgery done with Dr Philip Vande Borre as well & in Belgium too! So glad to have found you and seeing your posts here, any advice for me on what to expect post of and pre op, my surgery is on the 10th June, 2015.. so nt too far from now, will be flying on the 9th of june to brussels Any advice for the 2 days hospital stay?

have a good day x

Sorry jf there are typo's as im writing from a mobile.
    xxx

how was your experience with Dr. Vanden Borre?