Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tina912

4 days after getting my sleeve!

Rate this Entry
Thank God that is over and I made it out alive! I have serious issues with sedation, it scares the heck out of me. As they were rolling me into the operating room one of the nurses was soothingly talking to me, but I have no idea what she was saying because I was too busy praying, they got me onto the operation bed, and then that is all I remember! When I woke up I remember feeling woozy and tender, but when I woke up later on in my room I couldn't believe how pain free I actually was. I was expecting it to feel like a C-section I guess. I only pressed my pain med button once, and only because the nurse told me to, the second time I did it because I was just sore from moving around. I was supposed to go home the following morning, and they signed the release papers and everything and I was keeping my water down, so everything was looking good. Then they brought me some apple juice mixed with water...that made me VERY nauseaus. My nurse decided it was better for me to stay another night, and the doc agreed with her. They gave me anti-nausea meds and soon I was feeling good again, but I stuck with only water for awhile! Next morning they tried cranberry and water, that did NOT make me nauseaus and by 1 pm I was leaving the hospital! This is my 4th day at home, I have 0 pain, and have not taken any of the pain meds they gave me! Drinking 4 oz. an hour is hard to do. You tend to want to drink faster, but do NOT do this, because you will regret it! I believe it's a combination of gases still inside me and drinking too fast that keeps making me feel bad, but I find it goes away in about hour and lesses if I press gently downward on my belly. Looking forward to week 2 when I can actually eat something! Feeling very excited and sort of nervous about all this, but I am ready to get healthy! Good luck to anyone else who is about to do this!

Submit "4 days after getting my sleeve!" to Digg Submit "4 days after getting my sleeve!" to del.icio.us Submit "4 days after getting my sleeve!" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 days after getting my sleeve!" to Google

Comments

Congrats!!!!!
    Congratulations. You are on your way...
    Glad you're doing so well!
    Congratulations. It only gets easier.
    Woohooo!! Great start!
    Yeah im going on the 25th of feb to mexico
    I will be in TJ tomorrow and I hope I have the same success
    I will be there Monday! Nerves getting the best of me but keeping busy, busy, busy. You know the fun stuff laundry, dishes, ironing and so on.
    Congratulations!!! I have my surgery on the 27th. I hope my recovery is as smooth.
    Congrats ! wishing you the best .and welcome to the sleeved side.
    So happy for you!
    Thanks everyone! And good luck to you who are about to have yours done!
    ME TOO AS WELL HAD SURGERY ON 2/17/2015 AND I HAVE NOTICE IF YOU BURP YOU CAN GET A LIL BIT OF WATER DOWN THATS MY TOUGH PART ALSO PROTEIN SHAKE CANT GET ENOUGH DOWN BUT I WILL GRADUAL MAKE IT WORK...