Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JRC

Kid's Meal

Rate this Entry
I have been very private about my surgery with only a couple of people knowing it happened. My adult daughter is not one in the loop. We went out to eat with her family the other day and she was totally shocked when I ordered a kid's meal. (They choose the location with NO healthy options) She exclaimed, "Are you serious right now?!? You just ordered the same thing as my three year old!" To which I smiled and replied, "Small plate equals small waist."
That shut her up and proved that I made the right choice in not including her into my support circle.

Submit "Kid's Meal" to Digg Submit "Kid's Meal" to del.icio.us Submit "Kid's Meal" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kid's Meal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i really dont care who knows i had wls if they dont like it they dont have to speak to me but most people have been supportive cause they understand i was having problems to begin with
    Yes true, sooner or later she is going to find out, so when the time is right you should let her know before some one else accidently "Spills the beans" and explain that you didn't want her to worry about it and right now you want her support. I know I get weird looks at when I get the kid meal from the restraunts. I have a supportive family and freinds.
    Tell who you want. You have no obligation to tell anyone. Do what feels right for you.
    I found it awkward the other weekend when I ate 1/4th of my turkey burger...no bun just the nicely seasoned meat patty. My waitress asked me if anything was wrong with my burger so I felt I had to say I had wls and don't eat as much. I am two months post-op and have not told many people, mostly because I did not feel like talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by amt5298
    i really dont care who knows i had wls if they dont like it they dont have to speak to me but most people have been supportive cause they understand i was having problems to begin with
    That is great that you are ok with people know and not internalizing negative comments. I am on the other side I have not told anyone about the surgery because I don't want the comments. I also have no idea how I am going to explain changing my eating habits to practically nothing. Would love to be as courageous as you.
    On the rare occasion my son insists to go to McD's, and that is what I order as well. 4-pcs McNugget and generally I cannot finish the fries! I save the milk and fruit (apple or cutie) for later, lol!
    Teenagers are sometimes no support with this surgery. My daughter is vegan and would harp on me every day if I told her about this surgery. She would say that the reason I'm fat is because I eat meat...on and on. What ever your reason for keeping it from your teenager I'm sure it's a good one. Not everyone has a supportive environment and whatever you can do to help yourself out I'm all for it!
    I have been quiet about my GS surgery. My family knows and my closest friends from college but that is all. I didn't want the comments or the judgmental comments from those folks who have NO IDEA what struggling with your weight for years is like. Besides, true friends and loving family members do not judge. They haven't walked in your shoes -