Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

My (long) story on how I ended up on the sleeved side.

Rate this Entry
So this is my story. I haven't admitted this to anyone. Starting here. I was 145 when I got pregnant with my son, had him March 2011 at 170lbs. I don't know if it was because of PP depression or just because I now found myself home all the time, but I starting eating. A lot. And I don't mean extras at the dinner table, I mean I would HAVE to have a bag of candy a day. I'm talking the big bag of rolo's or Hershey kisses from the candy aisle. Caramel and chocolate were my best friends.
So my weight climbed and climbed until I hit 250 in 2013 and was disgusted with the way I looked, was sweating all the time. Didn't want to go on vacation and when we did go (ocean city,MD) I stayed in capri's and a tshirt and didn't enjoy myself at all,. I started to realize that this wasnt fair to my kids or my husband, or ME. What was I doing? Trying to takes years off my life? Why did I bother saving my "skinny clothes?"
So I dieted. I excercised. I was feeling good about myself. But once I lost 8lbs I didn't loose anymore. I was eating healthy, no more candy. Grapes became my favorite snack. But I still wasn't loosing weight. So then I say, why bother?

I am in a women's group. We talk about whatever is going on in our lives. During group last spring one women, who hadn't come togroup in about 8 months, walked in the room and I almost didn't recognize her. Last time I saw her she was 280lbs.
She looked great! She had lost 100lbs and she was so happy. She told me all about her WLS and how she feels now. She gave me the number to her sergeons office. I called. I made an appointment. I started seeing a nutritionist once a month for 6 months in June 2014. I followed her diet. I lost 5lbs In 6 months. It was really discouraging to diet and excercise and not loose even 10lbs.
FINALLY, after 6 months of the NUT, cardio, psych and pulmonary clearance it was time to make the date for my surgery. Had surgery 12/30/14. And now, only 6 weeks later, I already feel more like my "old" self. I have more energy and I'm actually looking forward to warm weather.

I'm very thankful for my friend, she put up with ALL of my questions, answered to the best of her knowledge. I'm also very greatful that she saved all of her clothes throughout her losses and gave them to me. I have so much clothes to look forward to wearing along my journey.
I look back now, and I'm disgusted with how I used to eat all that candy. I looked at a bag of chocolate and the whole bag was 1600 calories. Now add in breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh and don't forget the ice cream for dessert. Now I don't want any of that stuff. I hope that I can stay strong and stay away from the sweets. It's been a long time now of following a diet. And I am done with diets. I am just going to eat healthy, get my protien and water in.

But all isn't easy right now, I try so hard to get the protien and water in. I ordered unjury and I am hoping that I'll like it, or even tolerate it. Right now I'm getting 30-40oz of water and 35g of protien. Yesterday I really tried to get the water in. I ended up with about 54oz. But all I ate was 2 slices of cheese and a 4oz yogurt. I need to find a way to get in what I need to get in. I'm only 6weeks out so I'm hoping as time goes on this will get easier. It's scary how I can just drink water all day and not want any food. Actually now that I think about it I (usually ) have a carnation instant breakfast, yogurt for lunch, and 1.5oz of meat at dinner. calories are under 400. Add 40 min excercise every other day.
So that's what I was doing and this is what I am doing. If you read this far, well now you know all my food secrets; -)

Submit "My (long) story on how I ended up on the sleeved side." to Digg Submit "My (long) story on how I ended up on the sleeved side." to del.icio.us Submit "My (long) story on how I ended up on the sleeved side." to StumbleUpon Submit "My (long) story on how I ended up on the sleeved side." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Doesn't it feel good to get it all out there and not have it "weighing" you down anymore?

That's what's so great about this forum. We ALL have our food secrets, our food demons. Just about every single person on here has things they are ashamed of when it comes to food and things we shouldn't have done.

Take me for instance. My portions were just completely out of control. Even healthy meals, I just ate ridiculously large helpings.. hardly ever felt full. I tried to keep how much I ate a secret because I knew I was behaving in a disgusting way. I would try to sneak bread and crackers and things before I sat down for a meal with my family or went out to eat to help fill me up so that my family wouldn't see exactly how much I could eat. I can't tell you how many times I got a package of rolls (Hawaiians Best...yum) and ate the whole thing by myself. I felt like the word "Glutton" just hung over my head, flashing like a neon sign.

But rather than be ashamed of these things that got us into trouble, we should be proud that we have the courage to have taken the steps to change them. We have guts, girl. Me, and you, and everyone else here. We aren't hiding it anymore, we are letting all our skeletons out of the closet and kicking their butts out the front door. Every person here is doing something scary, and new, and intimidating and most of us are rocking it.

It's a journey and you are further down that path from me. But from where I stand you seem to be doing great! You are losing a lot of weight, but are gaining a new perspective on life. You are reexamining the behaviors that got you into trouble in their first place and guarding against letting that ever happen again. As far as the protein and water, you are doing awesome! From what I understand it just gets easier and easier over time. You will be able to get more and more in as you go, from what I have read others say. Just keep trying and every day you will do better! I bet you are doing sooo much better than you were even a week or two ago.

Thanks for sharing your story! You are an inspiration to those of us still on this side.
    WELL WE PROBABLY MEET AT GROUP IN WATERBURY ,DOC M WILL BE DOING MY SURGERY TO,TRYING TO FIND A GOOD PROTEIN SHAKE ALSO ,TRYNG TO GET ALL THE THINGS IN NEED NOW BEFORE MY BIG DAY ON THE 17 OF FEB ,DID YOU RETURN TO GROUP AFTER SURGERY,WILL LOVE TO SEE YOU THIS WEEK MONDAY ,FOR SOME ENCOURGAMENT...
    npheonix - I have not gone to the Monday night group. In on our towns ambulance and we have meetings the 1st 3 Mondays of the month. I can try to get there this coming monday