Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

Vacation woes

Rate this Entry
So I'm on vacation w/ my hubby & son. We drove down to daytona to stay w/ my in laws for 2 weeks. First I had to board my Sheltie Shawn & I cried & cried leaving him! Then we got on the road & we made it to orange burg sc where we stopped for dinner & a hotel for the night. The next morning we got back on the road & kept seeing billboards advertising peach world in Georgia. So we decided to check it out. Imagine our surprise to find that peach world was a little wooden shack w/ peach products! I bought peach jam & peach cider to mix w/ rum. The clerk was a southern hippie that my son swore was high because he talked so slow lol! Then we stopped in at. Augustine for lunch & went to a bbq place where the waiter openly flirted w/ me in front of my guys & looked down my shirt! It shocked me! After that we finally made it to the in laws in daytona around 5. My inlaws haven't seen us in 2 years & they were really surprised by my appearance! The look of shock on their faces was priceless!!! I loved it!!! After we had dinner me & my boys hopped back in the car to head to Walmart to look for bathing suits for me & my son. While looking for swim trunks I said to my son get 2 because you'll need them for camp this summer. He got really upset & said you don't understand because you're skinny now & started to cry! I went & hugged him & of course I was crying too! I told him I never swam in public because I was ashamed of my weight as a kid & I didn't want him to be ashamed of his body. He's built like his daddy w/ a big belly. He's almost as tall as me. I'm 5'3" & he weighs 150. 5 lbs less than me. We can wear the same size shirt. But when he said you don't understand because you're skinny now it really broke my heart! Inside I was like oh baby I do understand! So after my hubby & I calmed him down it was time for me to try on suits. I really want to get a high waisted 2 piece. So that's what I was looking for. I grabbed a black skirt bikini bottom in md & sm & a black polka dot one piece. I hated the one piece but I tried the small just for kicks & imagine my surprise when it fit & looked really good! It didn't come up high enough so I didn't get it though. So plans for today are to go to a coup,e stores down here to find a suit for me. My mil said she'd help me which is a huge surprise! We haven't really gotten along over the past 18 years. I wrote here a 2 page letter 6 months ago apologizing for my past bad behavior & for being such a bitch & said that I'd really like to start over & have a good relationship w/ her because of my husband & son. She never even acknowledged said letter. But she's been really nice so far & this morning I made her coffee. So it looks like we are both trying. She has a tendency to make comments about my sons weight or his eating in the past. And he's painfully aware of it. My husband doesn't think its an issue but my son is really affected by it. So we'll just see how the rest of our time goes. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck!

Submit "Vacation woes" to Digg Submit "Vacation woes" to del.icio.us Submit "Vacation woes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vacation woes" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awww, breaks my heart your son would think no one understands when we have all been through it. I hope he doesnt let it stop him from enjoying his vacation and quality family time. Good luck finding a suit and building a stronger relationship with your mother-in-law! I know its sometimes easier said than done....
    Bless his little heart! I feel for your son, we have all been there.