Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Poji

Unbearable stomach pain?

Rate this Entry
I was sleeved in Jan 2014. Since then, and as recently as a couple of nights ago, I sometimes have stomach pain that lands me in the hospital (3 times now!).

Do any of you, or anyone you know, experience extreme pain of no known origin?

Sometime the pain is relatively short, goes away on it's own. However, there are times where it will last hours and is so painful (10/10 pain scale) that I end-up in the ER...Morphine doesn't touch the pain, and they eventually give me Dalauded (I don't know how to spell that!). This is what happened on Friday night. They did blood work; normal. They did a CT scan; normal (except left side of my colon was full of air).

All tests done in this last year to figure out what is causing me pain have been inconclusive. The only tests/procedures that haven't been done is an MRI, or a laproscopic diagnostic surgical procedure.

I am at a loss...I have basically told this is something I will just have to live with because they just don't know what is causing me this pain. Oh, I was told that I am welcome to a second opinion (this suggestion pissed me off!).

So...Again...I ask you - Is this something that has happened to any of you, or anyone you know?

Submit "Unbearable stomach pain?" to Digg Submit "Unbearable stomach pain?" to del.icio.us Submit "Unbearable stomach pain?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Unbearable stomach pain?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I would certainly suggest a second opinion. That's sorta what you are asking for here. I assume you have spoke to your surgeon about this. Could it be gall stones or gall bladder issues? I'm sorry that you are having such horrible issues! I hope you find out what's causing it soon!
    My gallbladder was removed before I even had my bariatric surgery.
    I had an unidentified mouth pain of epic proportions. My dentist nervously prescribed one of those powerful, addictive painkillers (don't remembrr the name). It didn't help in the slightest. I don't remember how we came to figure out an antispastic was the answer. He prescribed a muscle relaxant that proved a cure-all. Apparently there are a lot of very small muscle groups, so small or strategically located that you can't see or palpate their contraction. Long story short, maybe you have an isolated cramp. I hope you don't have another episode, but if you do, see if a muscle relaxer alleviates your pain. Best wishes.
    Have you had an endoscopy? If not...request one.
    I have a worse problem with heartburn than I did before my sleeve. I had it before, but the nature of the discomfort has changed. Now it feels like my stomach is up in my throat, lots of crampy stomach pain & spasms. I was having nausea & other issues (will spare you all the gross stuff) that made it seem likely it was my gall bladder. Nope, my ultrasound showed no problems there.
    I carry tums with me everywhere! Whether a quick errand or walking the dogs or going to a dance class. Don't go anywhere without them, they help a bit. I had to stop my protonix because it increases the chance of osteoporosis, & I already have spine problems. Taking ranitidine now, to be honest I was having heartburn before so I don't see a big difference.
    My doc did put me on bentyl, and that helps. It is a smooth muscle relaxer, helps a bit with the abdominal discomfort.
    Your situation sounds a lot worse than mine. I have only considered going to the ER once for stomach pain, it hurt so bad I was having trouble walking. Sat down, had a cup of tea and it subsided. I did have an appointment with my doctor about my stomach pain a couple days later though.
    I think going to a different doctor for a 2nd opinion is actually a great idea. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes, a different point of view - obviously something is wrong. Don't give up until you get some help for this!
    Second opinion for sure!! I find it so annoying that doctors can't figure out what's going on.
    I hope this goes away!
    No, never heard anything like this before. What about Diverticulitis? Has that been ruled out? Have you had a colonoscopy yet, or are you still under the recommended age?

Left side of your colon full of air---that's kind of what it feels like sometimes when I'm having an attack. But the awful pain is also on the lower left side of my abdomen. Does the pain come from your stomach area or elsewhere in your abdomen? Sure hope your docs find an answer.
    Did you check with your bariatric surgeon could be many things of course. If it is acid reflux might try prescription prolesic. I would get perhaps a leak test, could your stomach be leaking? Perhaps a stricture? Ulcers? could be alot of things, best to get that second opinion and i'd do it right away.