Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

gurgle, gurgle, gurgle.....

Rate this Entry
Every single bite and every single sip I take I get the gurgling in my throat. As if I'm swallowing air. I concentrate on eating and drinking, trying so hard to make sure I don't swallow air I
This is really annoying
Does it go away as time goes on?

Submit "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle....." to Digg Submit "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle....." to del.icio.us Submit "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle....." to StumbleUpon Submit "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle....." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

since i have had surgey my stomach sounds like it is blowing up with each bite or sip i take'
    The little burps that escape without any warning crack me up. Of course that's now while I'm at home healing. When I go back to work and do this, it won't be so funny! :P
    Dose anyone know if the gurgling stops or if it won't?
    It will stop. My MD said that in the beginning everything is very swollen and tight so there is little room in the stomach and therefore when something goes in the air needs to go out and it makes noise as it comes up I am now 8 weeks post op and on regular foods and it does not occur anymore when I eat or drink. My family used to laugh because it sounded like a Gremlin living in my throat.
    I am 9 weeks post-op. It does stop. Every once in a while it will happen with a "new" food or if eat too fast but overall it has pretty much subsided.
    Well, guess what. I am 15 months out and my stomach stills gurgles every time I eat. I take a prescription PPI daily. I am not sure if the noises will ever go away. Sometimes I describe it as my stomach is attacking my food. It doesn't gurgle when I drink, but I do burb when I drink. I have just gotten used to it. I not sure why the doctor says it will go away. I wonder if the doctor/doctors have had the sleeve operation and speak from experience or if they just say it will go away. I have never asked my doctor about it, because I figure it is just part of having a smaller stomach. The noises can be annoying but I think I would worry if they go away because they have been in there since day one. Kind of like my friends now
    Well,

Gurgle on then ;-)
    I never had anything like this! Yet it sounds (above) like it's not uncommon.

Weird.
    Nearly two months out and still gurgling
    My sister is three years out and it still happens to her too.