Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Skhuff

Surprise.........Gallblad der out tomorrow!

Rate this Entry
When I woke up this am gagging, I thought I might have just been hungry! Then the pain began. The most horrible pain I have ever felt. I drove my daughter to Dance camp puking into an empty bag, wicked fun! Got home and decided to call the doctor. They could not see me until 2 pm. So I went to the EMX room. My surgeon who did my VSG came down to see me. It's my gallbladder, swollen and infected! Wooo! She sched me tomorrow am to take it out as long as my labs are ok in the am. She thinks I may have a pancreatitis as well! Awesome!

Submit "Surprise.........Gallblad der out tomorrow!" to Digg Submit "Surprise.........Gallblad der out tomorrow!" to del.icio.us Submit "Surprise.........Gallblad der out tomorrow!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surprise.........Gallblad der out tomorrow!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

So sorry to read about this. Would be interested to know if the doc thinks it is related to the VSG. Good luck and hang in there!!!
    Best of luck to you.
    When was your surgery? I know how painful pancreatitis is. I hope you don't have that. A simple blood test can tell. Good luck and keep us posted.
    HI there,

There is a strong link to the gall bladder and the stomach, many doctors will remove the gall bladder at the time of VSG. It prevents the heightened risk of gall stones and infection.
    sorry to hear about the gb.. I was told by my surgeon that , it is a possiblity that the little bugger can cause problems, and I would have to get it taken out. So far so go for me. I do hope you recover quickly, I know you will feel much better once it is out. Let us know how it goes
    A friend just had the same experience. One of the "triggers" of gallstones is rapid weight loss, so everyone here is a candidate! Luckily I had mine out already years ago.. Very glad for that! Good luck to you!
    Gall stones happen when you have severe weight lost. I developed gall stones about 7 years ago after i lost several stone in weight. I had my gall bladder taken out two and a half years ago and haven't looked back since. Goodluck and i hope it all goes well for you.x