Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ronnie75

Losing the battle

Rate this Entry
I am having such a hard time getting back on track. I have just finished my chemo treatments. I still have another 13 weeks of recovery before I am allowed to enjoy my life. During that time I did not follow the program. Now I need to start all over again. i haven't gained. I am still losing but I have a problem with potato chips. Any suggestions please

Submit "Losing the battle" to Digg Submit "Losing the battle" to del.icio.us Submit "Losing the battle" to StumbleUpon Submit "Losing the battle" to Google

Comments

May sound simple but ofcoarse it isnt....I buy stuff I don't like so I know I won't eat it. There has been times where I was dieting (before the sleeve, just got sleeved 4 weeks ago) and I would buy a huge chocolate bar and a bag of doritos a day I actually poured coffee in the bag of doritos and threw the chocolate into the woods. It was like 'ruin it now so I can't eat it, or eat it' it's a struggle for sure. And I imagine it always will be. When you go to the store stay focused, stick to your list stay away from the chip aisle. If you have them at home get a strong minute and destroy them so you can't eat them. It has gotten easier for me, I don't "need" the sweets, do I want them? Hell yeah I do!! But I want to feel good about myself, I don't want the guilt or to beat myself up for screwing up. It happens, we learn. Get past it. You can do it!! After a while you won't "need" them, maybe you can substitute....like those veggie chips? (I don't know if they are any good for you tho)
    I wish you luck! Hang in there and be strong!!
    Bariatric Advantage has a multitude of salty snacks that you can buy, they are protein chips so not so bad. You might also try something else with salt like soup or pickles?
    I'm right there with you on the chips. I have to not buy what I like which is hard because I have kids but luckily my older son likes the hot cheetos which I don't like. The only way to guarantee you don't eat it is to not have it. When you go shopping take a list and stick to it and make sure you're not hungry when you go shopping. You're not gaining so that's good. Maybe you can give yourself a small bag of chips once a week as a treat. Start doing what you were doing before and log your food. Your body needs to recover now and good healthy food will help with that. Good luck!
    Congrats on finishing your chemo! (I understand--we're dealing with all that at our house, too.)

I do hope you decide now to live now! And that includes getting back on your weight loss program.

Here's how not to eat potato chips: Don't buy potato chips.

And before that focus on what your weight loss goals are. Really focus on them. Visualize them and fantasize about them.

Again, huge congrats on finishing the chemo.
    Sounds like you are going through a lot. When I'm craving something like chips, I will buy a small 99 cent bag at the convenience store and have chips. Even my nutritionist said it's probably better to have a little and satisfy the craving, than "eat around" it and eat everything else in the house.
    thank you all for the advice. today i felt the need and ate cucumbers with italian dressing. that took the edge off. i will do anything to take the edge off. LOL
    Congratulations on finishing chemo, that in itself takes so much out of you and can get you off track for a bit. Focus again on your weight loss journey. We will all have moments of eating something we know we shouldn't be or overeating at a sitting.. it's ok, we are human and that is what we do. Get back on track, YOU CAN do it, YOU have done it and YOU will do it again. Focus, concentrate, and move on. Best of luck!!