Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

Feeling a bit discouraged

Rate this Entry
My surgery was three weeks ago today 12-30-14. I started off at 250. I weighed myself on the 10th and was 239. I weighed myself again on the 13th and was 233. A week later and I'm the same. It's great that I lost 17lbs but I thought that in the first month you lost a lot of weight and fast. If Im already going a week without losing anything then how am I ever going to get to my goal??
Blehhhh

Submit "Feeling a bit discouraged" to Digg Submit "Feeling a bit discouraged" to del.icio.us Submit "Feeling a bit discouraged" to StumbleUpon Submit "Feeling a bit discouraged" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I also hit a plateau... and discovered that I had to exercise to get the weight off, since I was eating more of a variety of foods than I was on the liquid diet. Have you been/Do you feel up to exercising?
    How much are you eating? How bat your fluids?
    I keep reading about the 3 week stall, just keep on keepin' on and it will drop!
    I'm three months out and have been stalled for a month! They say in life that the only things you can count on are death and taxes. Well, add stalls to that list cause you are going to have them. They are just a part of the process. If you know you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing with food, liquids, protein intake, and exercise then the only thing to do is wait it out. If there is an area you can improve then make that change and see if the scale moves. I had my husband hide my scale from me because it was driving me crazy. I weighed 162 last time I got on the scale and I can wear a size 8 in some jeans and a size 10 in slacks. I'm beautiful and healthy yet I wouldn't let myself enjoy this journey because they scale wasn't moving like I thought it should. I decided to take the scale out of the equation for now and focus on eating healthy and moving my body. Also, I'm trying to enjoy the journey because that's all we really ever have - the journey. Once you reach one goal/destination you will set another goal and another course so learning to enjoy the journey is important. Try not to worry. I know you are freaking out, I am too, but give it time. We are newbies. Let's freak out a year from now when we haven't lost anymore weight, okay?
    I had my surgery 12/11 and lost about 17 lbs in my first 3 weeks post op (25 if counting pre-op diet) then it stopped. Since 1/1 I have lost the same 4 or 5 lbs twice. In this time period I changed my diet, liquids to pureed and soft foods, and went back to work which has messed with my focus on water intake. Everyone is different and your body responds as necessary.
    However, what I have lost in ths timeframe is inches. ALOT of inches. Stalls are normal, and as many have assured me, necessary for your body to catch up.
    As everyone has suggested, just keep on it. It is discouraging to see the weight drop off and then stop. For me it brings back many bad memories of unsuccessful attempts associated with the best of efforts and it's hard not to think " here we go again" but this is a journey, not a trip.
    As my doctor has assured me throughout this process, if you follow the program and do the right things, it is impossible not to lose weight. Keep the faith! Here's hoping our stalls will end soon.
    Thanks everyone!! Here is my day-
    8-10a drink 8oz water
    10-11a 8oz protien
    12p 1/2 cup low fat organic yogurt
    1p-3 8oz water
    4p 8oz protein drink
    530p 1/2 cup lentil soup-mushed up
    then I try to get in one more bottle of water and one more shake. Before 10pm
    around 8p I'll have either 1/2 yogurt, 2 slices of cheese or a s/f ice pop.
    I end up with maybe 40-50g protien on a good day and 45oz fluids...I would LOVE to drink a bottle of water in one shot, I'm so thirsty. I know I need to drink more, beforeally surgery I drank 64oz plus no problem
    As for exercising.....the pain was bad for a while but now Its just a little sore at times. I want to get a treadmill but it's too much $$ right now, I do have a stair climber and that bad boy burns off a lot of calories, I think I could handle that now, I go to the surgeon today for my 3week Check up, I'll ask him about the stair machine. If it wasnt 13 degrees out I'd walk, but I have to take my son and he'd freeze in the stroller. Hubby gets home at 6,maybe I need to just get out there at night and walk. But its sooo cold!
    I feel the same way I don't know if ots because im retaining water a lot