Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChrissyD

Inches are better than pounds???? I am still not sure.

Rate this Entry
Well I am 12 days shy of my 2 years since surgery. I started at 284 (day of Surgery) and I am 191.4 So I am Down 92 lbs. (up a little bit from my cruise and the holidays) Anyways. I have really not lost any weight in the last year. I have yo-yo's the same 5 lbs. This is very annoying to me.. But I have started to Exersice on a regular basis and I am an losing inches, close to 20 this year alone and over 65 total. Well I still am very much needing the scale to move but I know that I feel better and my HEALTH is better then it was 2 years ago today.

Dealing with the comments that people make to me is still hard. Unless they are from my Hubby he has been one of my biggest supporter and he is working thru the proccess to have surgery in the next few months. I am really hoping to hit my 100lb goal soon. I have started the year (after my 4 days cruise) I am working with myfitnesspal.com and getting back to the gym more then 1-2 days a week. and I packing my lunch and working on planning my meals so that I can do my best.

I love this site and Pray everyone for a healthier year this year over last.

No new pics - but i have seen several pics of me where I think i look small so that is flipping AWESOME

Submit "Inches are better than pounds???? I am still not sure." to Digg Submit "Inches are better than pounds???? I am still not sure." to del.icio.us Submit "Inches are better than pounds???? I am still not sure." to StumbleUpon Submit "Inches are better than pounds???? I am still not sure." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am right there with you on the getting back on track! Best of luck to you! Hopefully MyFitnessPal will help motivate me as well!
    I Haven't had surgery yet ! But when you get down think of it this way!

"whenever I'm feeling bad about not having lost as much as I wanted, I think of this:
    one pound = 4 sticks of butter. so say if you lost 17lbs = 71 STICKS OF BUTTER!!

remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you could still be losing fat just gaining muscle
    I have gone through the faze of having trainers and weighting in.. I never payed much attention to the scale. Because you cant loss inches with out losing something!!! make your self stay off the scale for like a month!! try really hard then weigh your self! its so much more satisfying!! (:
    when I do have surgery I made a promise to myself I will not weight myself for at least one month!
    And remember you will get there!! (:
    Exercise will shred the extra pounds...keep up the good work. I am 6weeks post surgery and I can't wait to start exercising with weights. I am still experiencing pain on my lower left side, where my largest incision is located, so I really need to take it easy.

Good luck!
    Exercise will shred the extra pounds...keep up the good work. I am 6weeks post surgery and I can't wait to start exercising with weights. I am still experiencing pain on my lower left side, where my largest incision is located, so I really need to take it easy.

Good luck!