Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

31startingBMI

6 days out after sleeve with Dr. Alvarez

Rate this Entry
Doing great, getting my fluids in. No pain at all at the incisions or anywhere on my stomach. Truly remarkable! I had my appendix out and that felt like I was in the ring with Mike Tyson punching me in the stomach and all my stomach muscles felt like they were being pulled from my body. I could only painfully lay on the couch for a week and every movement was painful. I was expecting similar pain with the sleeve but this has been the easiest damn thing ever. Serious surgery don't get me wrong but this recovery has been a breeze. I can only guess that the surgical team and techniques that Dr. Alvarez has perfected has led to such a good outcome. He is magic!

I have been getting my fluids in, feeling good. No nausea or heart burn. I was really afraid that I was going to have bad heartburn after the sleeve because I had super bad throat burning heartburn before surgery. I was liking chicken noodle soup strained now it smells super disgusting to me. My nose is changing what foods I did like. I like vitamin water, jello, ISO pure grape but no more soup/broth...gross! I had no food for 6 days that's a record for me! I am not hungry but commercials on TV and my mom making her food does make my mouth water. I will always love food,only now I won't be able to eat copious amounts. I Am looking forward to eating like a normal person...kid meals instead the huge meals that plagued me before.

Submit "6 days out after sleeve with Dr. Alvarez" to Digg Submit "6 days out after sleeve with Dr. Alvarez" to del.icio.us Submit "6 days out after sleeve with Dr. Alvarez" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 days out after sleeve with Dr. Alvarez" to Google

Tags: dr. alvarez Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm enjoying your posts, especially since you mentioned you were a big eater with larger than average stomach. I like a big meal. Don't have issues with junk food, fast food, TV-time snacking and such. I mostly want three helpings of casserole or other old-fashioned cooking at midday. "Lumberjack appetite" is my perception of it. Acid reflux and/or stomach acid irritation after surgery has been one of my imagined concerns in investigating VSG, fearing that gnawing sensation as feeling hunger-like and being soothable with food. Thank you for sharing your perceptions.
    I'm just like you, I'm a week out and haven't eaten anything just the jello and pudding and icees. But the commercials and my grandmas cooking makes me soooo hungry (in my head) lol. Everything I'm like hmm shrimp, hmm chicken lol but I can't even finish a yogurt or bottle of water lol. Glad you are having a smooth recovery
    I used to torture myself with Diners, Drive-ins and Drives after surgery before I could eat normally. Greasy diner food and hamburgers never looked so good. Oddly enough, they tend to sound gross to me when actually presented with them as an option, but dang if they don't still look great on that show!
    So glad you're doing well!