Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

niamh

New Year's Reflections

Rate this Entry
I like the new year period. I enjoy reflecting on the previous year, and looking ahead to new plans.

My weight has been pretty stable since the second half of 2013. I'm not as disciplined in staying away from processed/junk food as I would like to be, but obviously it's in small amounts and not a problem weight wise. I am really keen to improve on this now for health/nutrition reasons rather than the weight issue.

I like that thinking about food and exercise for me is now separate from worrying about weight, and more about maximising my general wellbeing and my performance in my different sporting events. Not that I'm really fast or anything, just that I know it will make a difference to how well I can train and perform on the day.

So, I'm proud to say that I achieved a bunch of things in events in 2014;
* online 5k running training course in March and April
* a three-event series of supersprint triathlons - one each in May, June, and August (400m swim, 10k ride, 2.5 k run).
* 5k running charity event in June and got a new PB for 5k (34:30)
* online 10k running training course in June to August, and did a 10k charity event in August, finishing in 1:09:04
* an open water 750 metre swimming event in August
* a sprint distance triathlon in September (750m swim/21.2k bike/5k run)
* another 10k run event at Loch Ness (very cool medal)
* an 8k run in Amsterdam in October
* online Half-Marathon training from Sept to Dec
* first Half Marathon completed on Dec 14
* commenced Marathon training on 28 December - cause now I'm booked for the Paris Marathon on 12 April 2015 - yikes!!

Here's a picture of my medal haul. It's been hard work and a lot of fun!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (8).JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	582.0 KB 
ID:	23167

Submit "New Year's Reflections" to Digg Submit "New Year's Reflections" to del.icio.us Submit "New Year's Reflections" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Year's Reflections" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good golly, Miss Molly! That's very impressive. You've inspired me to set some similar (but lower) goals for myself for 2015. Hey, I'm a lot older, and my knees are shot. Still, you're motivating me. Thanks.
    Totally inspiring. Your legs must look fantastic from all of that running and swimming. Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Good golly, Miss Molly! That's very impressive. You've inspired me to set some similar (but lower) goals for myself for 2015. Hey, I'm a lot older, and my knees are shot. Still, you're motivating me. Thanks.
    Ann - pick events that have finisher's medals, it's great to get the equivalent of a gold star for your efforts! My sprint triathlon, which was bloody hard work and took me 1 hour and 50 minutes, didn't have a finishers medal. I was very cross afterward!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toopie2Seater
    Totally inspiring. Your legs must look fantastic from all of that running and swimming. Congratulations!
    Not particularly - I have some loose skin and cellulite on my thighs. They look ok in leggings or jeans (you can see some pics of me in running tights in earlier blogs). I'm fairly curvy, I'm never going to have that super athletic looking build.

On the other hand, I am so impressed with how well my body has bounced back after years of obesity, so I'm super appreciative of how well my legs (and the rest of me) is working! I am having to do lots of strengthening exercises.