Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Monica63

Need food suggestions!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Monica63 View Post
I just had my gastric sleeve on December 18th...I had my second Dr's visit yesterday and they told me I have not lost enough weight, so I have decided to get some help on what I am to eat. They said I am eating too many carbs and not enough protein, so I thought what better place to get ideas than from others who are going through what I am, so, here I am!
Thank you all for the welcome!! With the above being said, I need to know if anyone else has experienced a slow start like this? I started keeping a log of what I eat/drink so I can keep track of what I intake..are there any suggestions for NO carb foods? Ive started drinking my shakes correctly so i am hoping this helps...any suggestions would be wonderful..

Submit "Need food suggestions!" to Digg Submit "Need food suggestions!" to del.icio.us Submit "Need food suggestions!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Need food suggestions!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Eggs, low-fat greek yogurt, low-fat cheese, protein bars, meat, fish, and seafood like scallops and shrimp are my staples. The easiest for you at this early stage would be the eggs, yogurt, and fish. Eat your protein first. Good luck!
    low fat foods and lean meats is what i eat and fish only thing i have with carbs in it is my protein shake and when i eat oatmeal or my fiber bar i stay away from rice potatoes pastas things like that
    I eat small meals of protein and healthy fats. Eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, low sugar yogurt, protein shakes, meat.
    Stay away from high starch and sugar in your diet.
    I drink protein shakes. This makes sure I get in all my protein
    I use a lot of light (non-creamy) soups. I also make sure that I only eat things that I would eat if I was on a "diet," so most of what the others have posted are good things to eat. Protein is key. If you don't get enough protein or take your supplements, you may crave carbs as well, since your body is trying to get the energy you're lacking. I learned that the hard way before my surgery! The trick I use is to get my protein first. If I still feel hungry after, then I do a soup. By that time in the day, I don't want anything else, carbs included.
    Sounds like you need some nutritional education so you can continue to make good food planning decisions.

My best advice is to create an account at My Fitness Pal (Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com). Log the food you eat. It'll calculate EVERYTHING for you -- protein, carbs, fats, fiber, calcium, sodium or whatever else you want to learn about.

It'll take a while, but eventually you will become the most nutritionally knowledgeable person in your zip code.

Good luck.