Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChrisOfCourse

Keeping Busy

Rate this Entry
Well, it's 10 days since my surgery and I am pleased to report I am feeling fine. I will admit to mood swings--yesterday, for example, I was pretty tearful and a bit frustrated with the liquid diet I am still on--but today I am quite cheerful. I've discovered that keeping busy is the key for me at this point. There's no time to obsess over food if I've got my mind on other things. The one drawback (isn't there always a drawback?) is that I forgot to sip as often as I should. I will now be sitting down on the couch, putting on a good movie, and sip, sip, sipping a big glass of water.

Submit "Keeping Busy" to Digg Submit "Keeping Busy" to del.icio.us Submit "Keeping Busy" to StumbleUpon Submit "Keeping Busy" to Google

Comments

Congrats on your surgery...mine was 22 days ago. I forget to sip sometimes too...but it gets easier. thank you for the lil bit about staying busy, I need to figure out a way to get through my "old way down times" I used eat watching TV, eat when upset, and so on, I think I will stay busy also, maybe that will help me get through the missing of food..
    Congratulations! You'll notice that in a few weeks you can drink more quickly---this definitely helps with intake.
    K.