Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Munchkin

3 year anniversary tomorrow

Rate this Entry
I don't want to forget to post like I did in the past so I am posting today.

It has been 3 years. It is the best decision I made for my health. And sleeve help me maintain weightloss. I have lost weight many times but never able to maintain. I have maintain between 115lb to 129lb in the last 2 years. Mostly I hover over 120lb (BMI slight above 25). I am considered a great success according to my WLS.

It is not easy. I don't just sit around and be able to maintain this weight. Have to exercise almost daily for an hour each time. I am over 40, woman, short. Very low metabolic rate. Have to be on a diet most of the time. Limit bad carbs. OMG, bread makes me gain so easily.

But it is still better than being morbidly obese. Whenever I start to climb to 129lb, I was like, I can't eat like this, I have already had most of my stomach cut off, can't go back to be fat again. It works for me.

I actually enjoy what I eat. Meat, salad, veggies, some fruit, greek yogurt, honey.. I will eat sweets with my meals like a piece of chocolate or something small. I don't feel I am missing anything in life. I don't drink much alcohol but I am not a big drinker.

Submit "3 year anniversary tomorrow" to Digg Submit "3 year anniversary tomorrow" to del.icio.us Submit "3 year anniversary tomorrow" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 year anniversary tomorrow" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for sharing.. You sound happy and that is encouraging! I been sleeved 5 months. The last few weeks have been hard. You have offered me hope!
    Thanks,,so encouraging. Too many stories about regaining weight. Not enough people like you coming back and telling us success stories.
    great to see your blog and hear that you are doing well. I will be 3 years in April and your blogs were a support for me when I was new. Sounds like you are holding your own and enjoying your success. The best part of the sleeve is not that the weight can be lost but that it can be maintained as long as you stay aware and set limits. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by terrora
    Thanks,,so encouraging. Too many stories about regaining weight. Not enough people like you coming back and telling us success stories.
    It is easy to regain than to keep it off. I don't take it for granted. I always find it optimistic when I see people say they have lots xx lbs and never come back. I do not think of it that way at all, I weigh regularly, watch what I eat and exercise to prevent gaining the weight back, it is not even always successful. It is a constant battle, not a free ride.
    Wonderful post. Wonderful news. Thank you.
    So happy to hear this, i will be one year out and very rarely see anyone post that has been a couple years out which worries me on why that is. I weigh everyday and am very conscious of how easy it could be to gain back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladykk
    Thank you for sharing.. You sound happy and that is encouraging! I been sleeved 5 months. The last few weeks have been hard. You have offered me hope!
    Yes, I am happy because for once in my entire adult life, I am able to maintain my weight loss after losing the weight. I got the surgery for this particular reason (be able to maintain the weight loss). I have always lost weight when I set my mind to it, the problem was I could not keep my mind on it for long. I needed this surgery as a wake up call and last chance kinda thing. To be able to tell people I have maintained weight loss for 2 years makes me so proud.