Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LOVINGCOMET71

WHat is it that they see ? ? ?

Rate this Entry
Good Morning Sleeve family ! !
This journey thus far has been a very interesting one for me to say the least ., but definitely well worth the trip . In 3 short months I've lost more weight than i have ever lost in my life, I weigh less right now than i did when I was in high school , how wonderful is that ! BUt this journey is so much more than the physical weight loss and change in my physical appearance. Yesterday a coworker said wow girl you really look good how much weight have you lost and how much more weight are you going to lose , you need to stop now. so I guess I gave her a crazy look because I know that i still have quite a ways to go before I am even close to my first goal of 200 pounds , so I said thank you and said well I still have a ways to go so i won't be stopping any time soon. I little later on the same day another co-workeer says girl i had to do a double take she goes on to say I asked myself who is this tall thin lady who keeps walking past my desk so again i look at her like she is crazy and i wondering to myself what is it that they are seeing that I cant see but I thanked her and said wow I've NEVER been refered to as thin. NOw I know I'm not thin by any stretch of the imagination , Do you think that people just make up stuff to say because they have no idea what else to say? or are they really seeing something that i cant see? I know that I am losing weight because the scales tells me so , none of my clothes fit and when i compare pics I can see a bit of a difference but when I look in the mirror I still see 350 Reese which is crazy , It's funny how the mind works and what our eyes see compared to what the world sees. It's always been hard for me to accept compliments but I am learning to just smile and say thank you . and take the mental NSV's as they come. Good Luck to you all ! ! !
We can do this 1 pound at a time.

Submit "WHat is it that they see ? ? ?" to Digg Submit "WHat is it that they see ? ? ?" to del.icio.us Submit "WHat is it that they see ? ? ?" to StumbleUpon Submit "WHat is it that they see ? ? ?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

maybe they just want you to feel good about your accomplishments?
    You have to concentrate on your well being mentally. We have abused ourselves long enough. Get you behind in that mirror and tell yourself 90 times a day " Damn I look good and feel good." Take those complements with pride, you have earned it. You have a beautiful smile.
    I feel the same way. I hear it takes time for our brain to catch up with our bodies. Sending lots of love. xo
    I think thy are so used to seeing us one way that even when we lose weight and still have a way to go, their mind see's the old us and they just have faulty thinking. If they saw another person your your size (who is not anorexic) they would see the person as fine.
    Boy no one agrees more or feels just like you do as I do right now...I posted a thread called identity crisis and. Much of how you feel I said the same...I'm the team player kinda gal who never takes the glory or takes the prize...at my wedding I couldn't stand being the center of attention, I really couldn't leave my husbands side...which is really not my alpha personality but with that said I am not used to people saying to me that I look good or that they can notice the change. It makes me feel,like I did this for the attention not for the good health that I'm working for. I'm not where you are yet but I think you're right...some things that people say are so funny like they are searching for the "right " thing to say...in my work we are required to take a bariatric sensitivity class...too bad they really didn't pay attention...lol
    I want to look forward to looking in the mirror and seeing what they see...for us because we've always seen the big us...it's gonna take retraining and relearning and a rediscovery of who we are...shed the old us put the old demons away and lock the door. We will continue to have nsvs and get thinner and continue to introduce us to our new selves.
    Sorry for being long winded...
    This is so much how I feel also. When people say "my god you look so thin" I snuff and say "right". not! I lost a total of 120lbs since I started September, surgery in march, and it has made such a difference in my life. When I was in the shower I looked at my legs and still saw really fat legs and calves. So hard to see anything other than that at this time. I guess time is what it takes. Good luck to you all.
    You're doing so well. Trust yourself. Achieve YOUR goals.

Yea, you!
    I think others have as much body dismorphia about the changes in US as WE do! I was getting the same (OMG stop now) comments when I'd lost like 60% of my weight but was still clinically obese. There is nothing wrong with a goal of "normal" on the height\weight charts for most folks! Some will say it's too thin for them and that is their opinion. They should stop where they and their Dr. are comfortable. But There's nothing "wrong" with a BMI of 18.5–24.9 for most folks. Agree. Trust yourself. You're doing great!
    To me, your coworkers sound like they are looking for creative yet genuine ways to compliment you on your weight loss. When I see someone that I can tell has lost a sizeable amount of weight, I want to be sure and mention it, celebrate it without making them feel uncomfortable. Most people just want you to know they see and recognize your hard work.

Enjoy your success, you earned it.
    People tell me every day how much weight I'm losing, which is weird, because I haven't lost a pound since July. I'm maintaining. Maybe it's just a shock to see a formerly big person now normal sized, or maybe they just don't know what to say. But that doesn't matter, what matters is that you're doing GREAT. By the way, you are beautiful!
    I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I have lost a total of 129 lbs and 55 lbs since surgery. I get quite a few compliments and for the past 2 days I've had a few men hit on me which kind of makes me a bit uncomfortable as I am not used to it. My boyfriend tells me all the time how good I look and I can see my clothes getting baggy on me. But when I look in the mirror I still see that 300 lbs girl....