Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mokaza

Things I Have Learned In 365 Days

Rate this Entry
A year. It's been a year! In June of 2013 I went to my first doctors appointment. I weighed 296 lbs. Six months later on day of surgery I weighed 275 lbs. Today I weigh 192 lbs. Along the way I learned that food is fuel not comfort. You can, or at least I can, eat anything. Should I? No. I try to stick to protein first and try to stay under 1000 calories a day. The last two months have seen a drastic slow down on the weight loss front. About a pound a month. Am trying different thing to jump start my loss again. Hope to find the answer soon as I would like to lose another 17 lbs. I also realize that I HATED going to the gym before the surgery and I still hate it after. I don't miss the high blood pressure or cholesterol pills but all I've done is replace them with calcium,biotin and vitamins. Sometimes I think I am on a perpetual diet. I am hoping that after I reach goal I won't feel like that. I went from a size 22/24 to a loose 16 and a 2x to an extra large top(only because I've always been well endowed on top). I have a appointment with a plastic surgeon on the same day as my year check up on Tuesday the 6. Going to see if I can afford the plastic surgery. Keep your fingers crossed. The biggest thing I have learned this past year is that Sleeve Surgery is not a quick fix. For all you out there just starting out I wish you a Good Journey. I love reading about everyone's highs and lows. A month ago I went out to breakfast with my husband of 24 years. The place to pay was very crowded so I went out to the lobby to wait for him. I had my back to the door. After I while I turned around to see him standing a few feet behind my looking around. He hadn't recognized me! That made it all worth while.

Submit "Things I Have Learned In 365 Days" to Digg Submit "Things I Have Learned In 365 Days" to del.icio.us Submit "Things I Have Learned In 365 Days" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things I Have Learned In 365 Days" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Cute. =)
    Great story!!!
    Thats awesome! I am being sleeved in 2 days. My husband keeps reminding me that things will be dramatically different 1 year from now. I enjoyed your perspective. Yesterday before I left work my boss took pictures. He is a big guy and he is excited for me and I think he may be giving my choice some consideration. I am humbled by the support. I started at 297.
    Very nice!
    What an awesome story very cute. I also think it is great 24 years together, way to go.
    He didn't recognize you...that made me smile!
    Inspired by your wrItings. Good luck with your journey