Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Special Kerry

No place like home.... Back for support

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone, It has been way over due. I am not a happy camper since the last few months. It has been over 16 months since I had my Gastric Sleeve and I havent lost any weight since last May, I actually gain 8 lbs.... I have started exercising again but I find myself slowly slipping back into old eating habits. When I started this journey my weight was 352, today I am at 263..... Please keep me in your prayers as I contuine to reach my goal. I have an appointment with my surgeon in 2 weeks. #Keep Smiling..

Submit "No place like home.... Back for support" to Digg Submit "No place like home.... Back for support" to del.icio.us Submit "No place like home.... Back for support" to StumbleUpon Submit "No place like home.... Back for support" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This board is the place to check in, it really does offer a lot of support and ideas how to stay on track. Good Luck to you!
    Get back to basics. Protein,water,veggies,then starches. Exercise. I have to follow my own advice because the holidays seriously derailed my eating habits. And I've seriously slacked off gym wise but Monday im back to basics! Good luck to you!
    Being accountable (here, with your doc, in-person support group, counselor, whoever) really does help me. Very best wishes to you (and to all of us) in 2015.

I also find that positive self-talk is useful. Many religions, philosophies and forms of therapy encourage us to state our positive intentions out loud to make them more powerful.
    The holidays probably derailed most of us, at least a little. I enjoyed myself and still lost a pound. But now it's back to getting serious...because I didn't go through all of this not to get exactly where I want to be. My only word of advice, coming from someone who is not quite 9 months out, would be: portion control, drink more and stay active. And it's true when people here say to start out with some protein at each meal. I don't always do that, but I do employ portion control. A side note on the exercise: you don't have to run marathons or hit the gym daily. If anyone thinks they're a failure if they aren't doing that, as well as watching what and how much they eat, they're making too big of a list of "to do's" in their mind. This whole thing is hard enough of a mental adjustment as it is.
    Hi Kerry, just came across your post. Wondering how things are going? were you able to get some help or counseling to try and figure out how to get out of this cycle or stay out of this cycle. I'm sure you know how important it is to completely change your life and reprogram your brain. One tool i found so helpful is a fitbit watch,it also has a built in motivator. I also have fitbit friends so we can motivate each other and hold each other accountable. eventually you new habits will become automatic if your willing to put the work in. I have found fitting into clothes i couldn't wear in a really long time motivating and pushes me to work harder in the gym and follow my diet. When i need a kick start in the gym i play the" rocky theme song " It gets me moving. Good Luck and I hope you've been able to get back on track.