Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SethP

2015 around the bend

Rate this Entry
Just sitting here tonight thinking about the new year that we are all facing. I always find it a time to look back on things accomplished and things left undone. We have just finished celebrating Christmas and now we are getting prepped for New Years Resolutions. I think that 2015 for me will be another year of changes. I think it is time to get up off the couch more and finally join a gym. We have talked about it many times but that is all it has been is talk.

This year it will not just be about me getting healthier, slimmer or wealthier. I want to become a better person. During the Holiday season we normally find ourselves to be more willing to help others. This year I am going to make a commitment to be more open to helping others all year long. This does not mean that I will be handing out blank checks but I will be looking for less fortunate people that I can give assistance to.

As a father I want to become more available to my son, spending more time making memories with him. I have always been good at giving my older children sound advice but giving them leeway to make their own decisions. This year I will strive even harder to become debt free by paying down debt more then I have in the past.

As a husband, I want to be perceptive to my wives needs. I know that she is a blessing from God and that she is a good woman. She always says she is happy and very seldom does she complain. Does this mean that I am a perfect husband? No it doesn't, it means she is a good woman. The Bible says that "when a man findeth a wife he findeth a good thing." I know that without her in my corner that I would not be as successful as I am today. This is what makes me want to be a better husband.

As an employee, I need to continue to be productive. Not just to the level of their lowest expectations but I need to strive to be better then they expect. I need to be the one that they know will get the job done right the first time. The one that does the job without complaining. They never have to worry about me showing up. In 24 year of offshore work I have only missed 1 crew change and that was for the death of my father. They know I'm dependable to show up but it needs to be more then that. Showing up for work is not enough, we need to be productive.

In my community, I want to be a moral example. I do not want to be influenced by the world that I live in, rather I want to influence it instead. I do not want to watch the negativity on the news affect the way that I treat others. I do not want to sink to their level, instead I want to help my fellow man rise above it all.

I have heard and read many times that change starts at home. I am going to make a commitment to start making that change. I am looking at the man in the mirror and yes he is getting slimmer but he still has a long way to go to be Christ like. I pray that all of you have a Happy New Year. I also pray that each and every one of you find the Joy of the Lord. In this coming year I pray that each one of you also has health, wealth and happiness. Don't be selfish and keep it all to yourself but pass a little along, even if it is just online to us. Godspeed each and every one of you.

Submit "2015 around the bend" to Digg Submit "2015 around the bend" to del.icio.us Submit "2015 around the bend" to StumbleUpon Submit "2015 around the bend" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Beautiful, sincere post.
    Sounds like 2015 is going to be a good year for you!
    Happy New Year Seth.
    From what you wrote, 2015 will be a great year for you (and 2016, and 2017, and 2018....etc.)!
    What an awesome post! Thank you for sharing.
    Wishing you and your family a very prosperous 2015.
    Great post. At church this week there was a suggestion that you make notes all throughout the year, putting them in a jar. At the end of the year you pull them out and read them. Could be a great way of recording your successes. Look forward to hearing how your year as gone... And of course keep us all posted as the year progresses.
    I so enjoyed reading your goals! You're a wonderful and sincere man. Having God as part of your life is a wonderful thing. Many ignore it.