Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ann2

Four Months Post-op and Down 61.4 Pounds Total

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Today is exactly 4 months post-op for me. Since many people want to hear about others' experiences, here are my results so far (all in pounds):

At the first surgeon consultation I weighed 235.6
After my own two-month diet I was down 11.6
After my surgeon's two-week pre-op diet, down another 8.0
1 month post-op, down another 10.4
2 month post-op, down another 11.8
3 months post-op, down another 8.8
4 months post-op, down another 10.4

This morning I weighed 174.2.

That's 61.4 pounds lost in less than 6 months and 41.6 pounds lost in 4 months.

I'm not doing anything special. Just following my doc's instructions, which sound like all other docs' instructions: eat 60-80 grams of protein daily; drink 64 ounces of water daily; eat protein first; don't graze; move and exercise more than you used to; take your vitamins/minerals; make meals last longer; take smaller bites; chew food well.

For the calorie-interested, my first 3 months I aimed for no more than 800 calories, and most variations were down to 500. For the last few weeks, as my restriction is permitting, I'm edging up toward 1,000 calories a day, although 900 is about all I can manage. And may I say how weird it is not to be able to eat 1,000 calories a day!

This is so much easier than I thought it would be.

Submit "Four Months Post-op and Down 61.4 Pounds Total" to Digg Submit "Four Months Post-op and Down 61.4 Pounds Total" to del.icio.us Submit "Four Months Post-op and Down 61.4 Pounds Total" to StumbleUpon Submit "Four Months Post-op and Down 61.4 Pounds Total" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is nice to know that, for some, it is easier than they thought it would be- very encouraging! You are doing a great job, and I am sure that you feel so much better. You have accomplished so much in a short amount of time. You give me hope that I will be successful as this, too. Thanks for the update. Way to go, Ann!
    You are doing great Ann and I appreciate the break down of calories, protein, water etc....... I know everyone is different and loses at their own pace but you can never have to much information and it all helps. At this rate, you'll hit your goal weight in no time! 2015 is going to be a great year for you, out with the old and in with the new...... Your hubby's in my thoughts and prayers also and Im always sending positive vibes his way too! Cheers to the both of you!
    Ann,
    YOU ARE AWESOME!
    I hope to find my niche too...thanks for all the help and words of wisdom...you're an inspiration.
    Hugs
    Hey Ann,

I would call your weight loss better than textbook performance. You are handling this process in the exact right way in my opinion; sticking to the basics and keeping accountable. That is a big percentage weight loss in a short time, especially so for a woman old enough to be my older sister.
    Congratulations on your progress. You are an inspiration and I can't wait until I am sharing similar good news.
    Thanks everyone, for your lovely comments and support. This forum is such a safe place to be accountable. Sometimes we get a little feisty here, but I never doubt that EVERYONE here wants me to succeed. And I feel the same way. That's a rare kind of community, especially for one on the Internet. Thank you again.
    Great job!
    That's my girl.. You just keep your fine self inspiring me. Yay!!!
    great job
    Great job, Ann!!! You are a rock star!!
    You are right Ann we are following the same path!
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations, Ann! That's a great thing to be proud of! I am so happy for your success so far and am sure the next 4 months will be even better!
    hey there Ann...
    Your story is truly inspiring...
    my hubby and I are not too clue on the best foods for protein. it seems we are to get a lot more protein everyday than we are but I am really not sure of the best foods..
    Do you think you and or any other readers might have some suggestions of foods that are good protein givers??

Thanks again for your inspiration
    Hello 2 U! It has been a while since I checked in... But I am soooo glad to hear of your success. Youa re a great encouragement to me and I look for your post eveytime I log in... Congratulations 2 U!
    Pfynss
    Pfynss ... I'm so glad to hear from you!! How are you doing? (Thank you, by the way. I've now lost over 66 pounds and have 19 to go at this point. It's just been great so far. Many challenges to go, I know -- maintenance will be a whole different kettle of fish. )