Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rwalli1022

Barium test

Rate this Entry
My Doctor just ordered a post op barium test to see if I had scar tissue from a prior surgery when I was two (50 years ago). I found out I have little scar tissue,which is great news. But I do have a small hiatal hernia caused from my acid reflux.

I'm not sure what this mean. I Can't wait til I see my surgeon in January 6. I'm hoping my surgery usnt postponed.

I'm doing this to help with acid reflux!

The time can't come soon enough for me.

Submit "Barium test" to Digg Submit "Barium test" to del.icio.us Submit "Barium test" to StumbleUpon Submit "Barium test" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Typically people with terrible acid reflux go with the bypass not the sleeve. The sleeve can actually cause reflux. I would do a little more reading up on this before go through with it.
    They repaired my Hiatal Hernia during surgery
    My test also showed a small hernia and the surgeon said he can fix it easily when he's in there. I've had terrible reflux for 25+ years, even when I was normal weight. It shows as mostly nausea. The surgeon to me bypass is a 100% cure for refux, which is tempting but I'm afraid of all the re-routing, the worse malabsorption issues, dumping syndrome, and higher comication rates. Did any of the "old timers" grapple with this choice? I guess those who might have chosen bypass aren't on this site. ��
    complication*
    Hiatal hernia means part of your stomach is pushed above the diaphragm. Hiatal Hernia can be fixed during sleeve surgery. I didn't have hiatal hernia before sleeve surgery (3 years ago). But I just developed one recently. My hiatal hernia is very small since I don't have any symptoms. I think I developed a hiatal hernia now because the stomach is so much smaller, it is easier to get pushed up above the diaphragm.