Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Annade

Wow! What a crazy day!

Rate this Entry
This morning I left my house at 6:30 am to make it to a 8 am psych evaluation and a 9:15 am breathing test. The medical center I go to is about an hour and 15 minutes away. Wouldn't you know it, I get pulled over for speeding and there is some glitch that my car shows up in the system with no registration and no insurance? The police officer was nice, but told me that in Connecticut it is a misdemeanor and that he could arrest me! Wow! I was so stressed. I started texting my husband. The officer said that I couldn't drive my car that it was going to be towed. I was already 25 minutes away from my house. I had to wake up my husband to come and get me and I knew by then I would have missed the first 8 am appointment. The officer let me leave my car until I could go the DMV and straighten it out. My husband who wasn't dressed to go anywhere, unshaven in his pajamas, said, did I just want to go home. I said no, I have come too far, and I am not pushing my appointments back any further. I relay called the medical center and thankful they had a 10:30 psych cancellation, so they could fit me in after my breathing test! So onward we went through rush hour into Hartford. I arrived on time for the breathing test and passed- yay! And then the psych evaluation which was much more relaxed and easier than I thought it would be. I also passed that! So I am a bit closer to my goal of being approved. Next week, I have my first nutrition appointment and nuclear testing. I feel closer to my goal with each appointment I attend. Step by step I'll be successful. I am not letting anything stop me, even myself, from becoming healthy this time!

BTW- with a lot of faxing and emailing back and forth with the DMV, my car registration was finally reinstated. Now, I just have to go to court to get the $117 ticket dismissed- thankfully, I didn't get one for speeding, too!

Submit "Wow! What a crazy day!" to Digg Submit "Wow! What a crazy day!" to del.icio.us Submit "Wow! What a crazy day!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wow! What a crazy day!" to Google

Comments

Lol Maria is a totally cool person to talk to. Very easy one there... wait until you meet Robin she is amazing very easy to get alone with and all...
    Hi any one here from Utah, that is where I'm having my surgery but do not have a date yet
    Wow, good for you for not just going home and jumping back in bed. You are working so hard, and you're going to be so very successful!
    Quote Originally Posted by PechoNalidad58
    Lol Maria is a totally cool person to talk to. Very easy one there... wait until you meet Robin she is amazing very easy to get alone with and all...
    Maria was great! She was so laid back and I felt very relaxed with her- not at all what I assumed a psych evaluation would be like at all! I cannot wait to get to meet Robin at my first nutrition appointment, it's next week. The appointments are just getting checked off. Wow, this is already passing faster than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terps
    Wow, good for you for not just going home and jumping back in bed. You are working so hard, and you're going to be so very successful!
    Thanks so very much for your support here, I truly appreciate it!