Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Annade

Pulmonary appt. & Not cleared :(

Rate this Entry
Today I went to the Dr. Tieger, the pulmonologist, to get cleared for surgery. He didn't like the results of my oxygen levels from the sleep study and he says that I will have to go through some more steps and a complete a treatment plan before he will clear me for surgery. I am glad that this issue was uncovered before surgery. However, it's upsetting to have a set back ,and then more work to go through in order to get approved. Yet, I know it is in my best interest health and safety-wise. Dr. Tieger was a very entertaining and funny- so that made hearing the bad news easier. He seemed positive and reassured me that I could move past this and eventually get cleared for surgery. He also vouched for what a good surgeon Dr. Nahmias is and that was comforting.

Submit "Pulmonary appt. & Not cleared :(" to Digg Submit "Pulmonary appt. & Not cleared :(" to del.icio.us Submit "Pulmonary appt. & Not cleared :(" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pulmonary appt. & Not cleared :(" to Google

Comments

So Sorry, hope it works out speedly for you.
    I can imagine your frustration. I hope your doc can get all the answers he wants quickly, determine if there's a problem and FIX IT, then allow you to get your sleeve 'cause the year is winding down!

Good luck!
    I am so sorry to hear that, yet thankful they are treating something which must be necessary. A small hiccup, that's all. Don't loose your focus and dream. You will get there.
    Thank you so much ladies for your kind support, I really appreciate it. I know this is for the best. I told the doctor, "I am still determined to complete this process and have the surgery!" and he said, "that's is what I like to hear when I have to give this news to a patient, because then I know they will be successful".