Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

deangelia

Ready to lose the Granny Panties

Rate this Entry
Tired of feeling like a Grandma... I am a Grandma but only age 46 and feeling like I am 70. I am in a lot of pain from the feet up with Joint paint, arthiritis, HBP, severe back pain, trouble walking and breathing, and have diabetes in my family!
I am on this site to try to decide if the sleeve is right for me. I am so afraid of something bad happening and die from it and put my family in some horrible situation when it was not medically necessary.... But I guess in a way it is medically necessary.
I drink A LOT of water, and anything I can get my hands on because I am always thirsty... I am afraid that I wont be able to drink enough or that I will stretch it out.
I am afraid of regret... Why would anyone have the will power to do the liquid diets and portion control with a sleeve and not have the control without the sleeve...? so many questions.
I am pretty sure I want to do this but I am too chicken to set the date....

Submit "Ready to lose the Granny Panties" to Digg Submit "Ready to lose the Granny Panties" to del.icio.us Submit "Ready to lose the Granny Panties" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ready to lose the Granny Panties" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes, plan to get rid of the grannie panties. It sounds like this is a medical necessity for you. You are young and the surgery would help slow down, improve, or stop a lot of the things you listed. Your constant thirst may be a sign of diabetes so you may want to have that checked. Constant thirst is a symptom. (I have been diabetic for 30 years). Learn as much as you can, weigh the risks, and then make an informed decision. Good luck!
    Hey there..Deangelia,

I just turned 47 and I have had Diabetes for 21 years now with high blood pressure and high cholesterol and finding it harder and harder to do things, shortness of breath etc... It sounds like you are a lot like me. I was also a water guzzler and I couldn't fathom not being able to drink as much as I did. But guess what girlfriend??? I had the sleeve done less than a week ago and I have managed nicely, I don't feel I need to guzzle the water quantities I used to and I have not had any medication for anything except a bit of reflux which passes in a little while since my sleeve. I am the happiest girl alive and I know you would feel the same. I think in your case you are not doing yourself any favours not doing anything about your health. You won't regret it I can assure you...
    Keep us all informed and good luck on the journey I am sure you will take....
    Yeah I traded my granny panties in for a pair of red HIGH heels! Just turned 60 and feel better than I have for 20 years which by the way people tell me I look 20 years younger. Loving my new life! No regrets at all what so ever- well maybe not doing it sooner��
    Good morning,
    I had my sleeve 11/18/14, I wouldn't change a thing...the road is long and the journey not always easy but always worth it...I have gone from 3 bp meds to one low dose, my boarder line diabetes is a thing of the past...if this is even a option Excersice it, you won't be sorry....I promise
    Congratulation's on wanting to do something about your weight.

All of the bariatric procedures are just tools, it is up to us to use them properly in order for them to be successful. That requires a lifetime commitment.

Continue to research, attend a bariatric surgery informational meeting and a support group or two at your local hospital to become better informed.

My only regret about the surgery is that I did not have it performed a few years ago.

PS. When you are ready to take off and lose "the granny panties", don't do it public.
    I'm an older grandma than you, 57, and it's the best decision you'll ever make. My grannie panties are now size 6.

Oh, and you'll be able to drink all the water you want, liquid does not stretch your sleeve. It will help with weight loss!

Portion control is no longer an issue. You won't be able to eat a large portion. Impossible.
    I'm 37...is it bad that I still love my granny panties? (of course they are smaller and bikini style) now but I love cotton panties that don't ride up my butt!!!
    I'm 38 but most of my physical body is not aware of that. I have rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, I've had surgery on my back and feet, infertility, high blood pressure, and the list could go on, and on. I have decided to have the surgery for me. I'm tired of being tired and in pain. With being able to lose weight, it will make my joint feel so much better if they don't have to carry around all this extra weight.
    Like so many others, I wish I would have done this sooner! Even so, I feel that now is the time for me to take charge and make a change. I agree with Joe Poppa, find a local bariatric seminar to attend, and do a lot of research to help decide if this is the right path for you.
    AFTER the sleeve portion control doesn't come from your "will". It physically hurts to over eat and you learn not to do it anymore "in self defense". This is not to say you can't fail after being sleeved. You can choose to remain a "victim" of your own choices. Once you're healed, you can choose to graze, you can choose not to exercise, you can choose not to be compliant with your protein and vitamin requirements, (which will make you feel like crap and not heal well), but for me, the sleeve gave me a fighting chance at making the permanent lifestyle changes necessary to take control of my health.

I make good choices the majority of the time now. I exercise 5 days per week. I choose protein first. The pay off has been TOTALLY WORTH IT! I enjoy life as a fit person now, taking none of the meds for BP, cholesterol, asthma, etc I was taking a year and 1/2 ago and having NORMAL stats for the first time in 10 years! Oh yeah, and at 48 years old, I got to trade the granny panties for a Victoria's Secret habit and size 4 Rock Revival skinny jeans, which doesn't suck either! ;-)
    deangelia -- just keep reading at this forum and see for yourself the results that people have obtained from this surgery. bikrchk is right -- you have to work your sleeve to make it work for you. But when you do, you will be soooo rewarded.

Best to you as you start to get healthier ... and younger. (I'm 69 years old and was sleeved in August 2014.)
    Hello there...I AM a 72 year old grandma....had sleeve at 70.....now I feel like a 50 year old grandma....you go nana.....
    I'm a 54 year old "granny" with many of the issues you have. Osteoarthritis, have had both knees replaced, hypothyroid, high bp and cholesterol. I had those same fears. However, inside I don't feel 54, and there are so many things I want to continue to enjoy. I have horses, have ridden all my life until the artificial knees and the weight just won't let me enjoy it anymore.

I wanted my life back. I want to be healthy and as active outside as I feel inside. I'm 8 days post-op, and have lost nearly 15 lbs. it hasn't been easy, but I'm getting stringer every day, and for the first time in a very long time, I see a future with me being able to enjoy life on my terms.

It is an individual decision, and I prayed long and hard before taking the plunge. I pray you make the right decision. Hugs!

Cheryll
    I'm 46 and I'm not a grandma yet (my son is only 11) but it's funny that you mention granny panties because I was just telling my husband that my panties look a lot more like his briefs which is just wonderful! I might even get smaller than him! That will be a first in our 23 year relationship! Best decision of my life and I know that you will not regret it!
    Thank you all so much for your positive words of encouragement! The decision is made.... For my life's sake I AM going to get the sleeve. Now the decision is should I get it done in the States and wait for the insurance red tape... Then take a chance for them to deny me.... Or my other thought is Dr Q in TJ. He has great results and feedback..... I just want to start my journey and start feeling better... I am so determined ... I am worried about flying after surgery...
    I am so glad to find this post! Feeling the same. Great response. Thanks y'all.