Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

wydols

Eating Problems........

Rate this Entry
Wednesday I will be 8 weeks since my surgery and everything is doing great with one exception. I still have trouble eating. Some days are better than others. I still have absolutely no desire to eat breakfast. And on a good day which is far and in between I can eat 3/4 of a taco (this is an example). On a bad day I am lucky to eat 2 bites of something and it feels like it is stuck at the top of my stomach. I've tried lots of things, slowed down my eating, smaller bites, moister food, etc. It's just tough. Last week I was able to eat a Philadelphia Cheese Steak sandwich (without the bread lol) which is 4 ounces of meat/protein and delicious. It was amazing and kept me full all afternoon. That is the one and only time I've felt comfortable after eating and I was amazed I was able to eat it all. It's usually 2 or 3 meals. Anyway has anyone else had this problem? When did it finally subside? Right now I graze throughout the day in order to get the protein and nutrients in that I need but I'm tired of grazing and want to eat at my regular mealtimes.

On a better note I am losing weight and have not had a stall that I am aware of but don't get on the scale daily. Next doctor appointment is in January.

Submit "Eating Problems........" to Digg Submit "Eating Problems........" to del.icio.us Submit "Eating Problems........" to StumbleUpon Submit "Eating Problems........" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think everything will resolve. I'm 16 weeks out, but more and more I'm able to eat comfortably and, slowly, a little bit more. I normally eat about 800 calories a day, but in the last month I've been able to have some 1,000 calorie days.

Also, I usually have a protein drink for breakfast, which I wind up nursing for an hour or two throughout the morning. So I'm no different than you on that.

At 16 weeks out, I'm focusing more these days on adding veggies and fruits into my diet. Am really enjoying raspberries, mango slices, spaghetti squash, green beans, a little bit of potatoes, and even salads lately. Not big ones, but still am tolerating lettuce OK.

You will get to where you want to be. Just continue to be patient. And keep trying new foods. And ordering more Philly cheese steak sandwiches.
    You sound just about right for 8 weeks out. Different foods have different results, I have had my best luck with seafood, fish, shrimp, scallops, etc. I can eat way more fish than something like chicken.

As time goes by you will be able to eat more. Now, at over a year, I can eat one taco, one piece of pizza, or most of a sandwich. But typically I'm eating greek yogurt, low-fat string cheese, nuts, meats, fish, and eggs.