Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Akrizty

Adjusting to the new me....:)

Rate this Entry
It has been a while since I've posted anything, but my weight loss is going well. I'm currently at 186 and am quite happy. My doctor wants me at 165 but honestly I believe I'll be happy at 175. I look at pictures from a year ago and I can hardly recognize myself. I have more confidence in myself and have made so many changes for the better.

With all this though I find it difficult when people think it's ok to make comments about my weight. Most of them are:
"You look great you should stop now"
"How much more do you want to loose? You don't want to look to thin"
etc...etc.
I think my doctor and myself make the final decision to what weight is appropriate for me. It wasn't ok to comment on my weight before it definitely is not ok now either. I still have weight insecurities it's hard to get over those feelings and even though I know and feel great. I tend to go back to the shy don't look at me person who tended to hide. I love the opportunity this surgery has given me. I feel like I fit in for the first time in my life.
I'm trying to learn to embrace the new me with all the changes. Unfortunately I do feel anger at some of the major differences with people I have experienced. The person I was hasn't changed just the package. The differences in attention and opportunities. While appreciated can get annoying when in retrospect I think the old me would have never been given those chances. I never regret my decision getting sleeved was the best decision of my life. I just feel sad for my old self because I might be in a new package but I'm still the old me.
Happy journeys current and future sleevers.

Submit "Adjusting to the new me....:)" to Digg Submit "Adjusting to the new me....:)" to del.icio.us Submit "Adjusting to the new me....:)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Adjusting to the new me....:)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh, how well spoken!!
    It touched me. Getting sleeved in a week and I also feel worried about this. I have the feeling that the old me will be like an old friend who you care about and donīt want to betray. She is someone who had to put up with many bad comments and people over the years. She needs love and a worthy goodbye. And she will always be a part of my history...
    Yep, I totally get this as well. I guess the comments are because others have to adjust to the new you as well.
    Sometimes I get the feeling with certain people that I know a sense of resentment with my weight lose, them I do not care about, boo hoo. My dear friends are great, we never cared about outward crap anyway and they are happy that my health is better and treat me just as before.
    There have been times when I just want to climb up on the table and shout THIS IS A NEW PACKAGE WITH THE WONDERFUL OLD ME INSIDE, REJOICE.
    How funny how we see ourselves. I remember in my 20's getting down to 125 (for one day) and thinking I was still overweight (I am 5;5 then, after I had my son, I got down to the 170's and felt great and got loads of compliments and comments that I shouldn't lose anymore that I looked sick. I am having surgery 12/22 and would like to get back into the 170s. I am not sure what my Dr. wants, but it is what I want/
    I agree with you! Its what you and your doctor thinks is the best wt for you. I hear it all the time from family and friends. Their always saying that I don't need to loss anymore wt, or do you ever eat and so many other words that bother me. Like you said know one ever said anything to me when I was over wt so why now that I am healthier and at a good BMI. So don't let anyone else get to you about this......trust me I no its hard but be confedent in yourself and how you feel in your own body. Keep up the great work.
    As I sit here in my 32in waist pants feeling fat, I know what you are going through. Our heads and the heads of people around us don't adjust as quickly as our bodies do.

It's funny that my mom says I'm too skinny, but my nephew is 20 pounds less than me and she says, he has gained a little since he has been married. Of course he is shorter than me, but we wear the same size. Our heads are just silly.

Be who you are, be comfortable with yourself and have the courage to tell people you will take their support but not their drama.
    My sister made a joke with my other sister I should not lose anymore so we can share clothes. I know my "thinner" sister is probably worried I will be smaller, my "bigger" sister is trying so hard to lose weight and even though she is wearing size 22, she tells me she bought her first pair of skinny jeans! She was a 26-28. She is so damn proud I love it!I am at 190 now and I was shooting for 180. Dr. said my ibw is 165. You must be 5'10"? My Cardiologist said to try and get to a BMI of about 26.5 (ish) but not to panic. He thinks 180-190 is good I have a larger frame. By the way, big boned is more about the size of the frame, not the bone size, we had this discussion also. I have a very large framed family. (wider shoulders, hips)
    As for me being, the old me! I have changed some things. I do not hide anymore, I do not wear only black, I am not afraid to walk into a room alone, I am not embarrassed when asked my weight by medical people. Good luck to you.