Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

groundedsteve

Nsv!!!!

Rate this Entry
So my goal (besides doing a ton of pull-ups and that will come) my goal from the start was to get back to feeling great while running. i used to run all through the 90's (5Ks to marathon) ... finally the knees just hurt too much and i was focusing on speed as opposed to just feeling great while running. i overdid and paid for it.

Around 2002 or so, my folks got sick and needed attention ... work took more of my time and energy; my priorities shifted from me and my health to others needs. Along with the shift in priorities came an increase in weight. I always worked out, but after i gained the weight i couldn't run or jog or even plod. i dreamt about running though ... So, today at 57 pounds down, i can run again!! Today i did 40 minutes at a somewhat slow pace but i got in about 3 and a half miles in. And i felt great! This was my dream ... wow, awesome.

It's great to feel good.

Submit "Nsv!!!!" to Digg Submit "Nsv!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Nsv!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nsv!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've never been a runner. I am looking forward to being able to walk faster... I do want to do smaller walk/runs eventually but I don't think I will ever run a marathon. Good luck and congratulations on your progress so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carak
    I've never been a runner. I am looking forward to being able to walk faster... I do want to do smaller walk/runs eventually but I don't think I will ever run a marathon. Good luck and congratulations on your progress so far!
    always doubt your doubts ... you'll be amazed at what you CAN do. thanks!