Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rockscott40

Gall bladder removal

Rate this Entry
Do you think gall bladder should be removed during procedure?

Seeking advice

Scott

Submit "Gall bladder removal" to Digg Submit "Gall bladder removal" to del.icio.us Submit "Gall bladder removal" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gall bladder removal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If you already know there's a problem with your gallbladder, yes. I had been having occasional bouts of right upper abd. pain. My PCP ordered a gallbladder scan that showed multiple gallstones. I planned to have it done at the same time as my sleeve, but I started having more, constant pain and had to have it out first, about 6 weeks before my VGS surgery.
    I guess if there is a present president go for it. Not every one has a problem with this. I am 2.5 years out and no problem with gall bladder.
    If you have a gallstone issue or it is diseased, then probably yes. Discuss this with your PCP & surgeon.
    My surgeon was going to examine it during the VSG procedure. If it looked diseased, he was going to remove it then.
    They will probably have you on a medicine like Ursodiol for about 6 months after the surgery to prevent gallstones.