Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kacie77

Shout out to me myself and I...at the Turkey Trot 2014 in the ATX!

Rate this Entry
Okay so last year around this time I was about 3 months out and had lost about 30-40 pounds hell I can't even remember. I was invited by my sister and her family to attend the Turley Trot that was happening in Downtown Austin. They told me is was a 5k and I was like heck yes I can walk that with no problem. Well when we got there they were like ohhh it's actually 5 miles. I almost freaked out but held strong and walked the whole thing and felt like a million bucks after it was all said and done! Now my poor body hurt so bad and I felt so crappy the rest of the day but was still proud of myself and my little anti-inflammatory helped me out. I still was carrying around quite a bit of fluid in my body and my legs were slightly swole but I was still hella proud of myself.

I made a promise to myself that I would run the 5 miles this year and began training for the couch to 5k app. I followed the program till the end and could actually run the full thing with no problem at the end. Still I had 2 more miles to go...so I started the couch to 10k app and I have one week left! I can now run for 74 minutes without stopping.

So on Thanksgiving morning I was so excited because I knew I could do it and I freaking did....my sister stayed by my side the whole time. We finished in 1:20 minutes. I swear weaving in and out of 30,000 people is hard work! I never stopped....I bobbed and weaved the whole course! Strollers, dogs, kids, walkers, I kept my pace and never stopped! My younger daughter ran it in 50 minutes...go Karl! and my older daughter walked it with the rest of the family....don't even know what their time was! LOL

Anyways next up is the Half Marathon training.........

Boy what a difference a year makes, when you put your mind to something and really want it.............GO GET IT!

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I THINK I WOULD BE AN ATHLETE AND YET I AM!

Here's a few picks of Last Thanksgiving Morning..and This Thanksgiving Morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	247 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	22613

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	22614

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	22615

Name:	Turkey%20Trot%202013.jpg 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	22616

Submit "Shout out to me myself and I...at the Turkey Trot 2014 in the ATX!" to Digg Submit "Shout out to me myself and I...at the Turkey Trot 2014 in the ATX!" to del.icio.us Submit "Shout out to me myself and I...at the Turkey Trot 2014 in the ATX!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Shout out to me myself and I...at the Turkey Trot 2014 in the ATX!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Kacie! Kacie! Kacie!
    Kacie!! You look fabulous and what a year!! Congrats on such a successful year!!

Laura
    Great Job!!! I love running!
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!!