Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JRC

Hair Extensions? clip in vs halo?

Rate this Entry
I was fortunate enough to have extremely thick, wavy hair prior to surgery. However, for the last couple of months I have lost a TON of hair. I had some layers and low lights put in to create more texture and it has worked so far, but I can see my scalp and receding hairline if I try to pull it back at all, and loosing more and more with each passing day.

Yes, I have been taking Biotin since before the surgery.
Yes, I have been watching my protein in take.
Yes, I have been using the Nioxin hair care line.

I am now considering hair extensions and wanted to see if any of you have had any experience with the clip ins vs the halo kind. I do not want the super long super fake look, but to restore my usual volume. My thoughts are that the clip in may pull out more hair because of the added weight, but the halo might be more noticeable.

What has been your experience?

Submit "Hair Extensions? clip in vs halo?" to Digg Submit "Hair Extensions? clip in vs halo?" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair Extensions? clip in vs halo?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair Extensions? clip in vs halo?" to Google

Comments

I am not yet sleeved, but one of my young co-workers wears a wig so that her hair is professional for work, but underneath is the 3 different colors in a wild style. I am thinking when the time comes, I'll get a wig (I have thick naturally curly hair).
    AAAHHH I am scared now. I have very thick auburn hair. I know people lose hair and for some reason I didn't really think about it. I will just keep reminding myself that it grows back eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carak
    AAAHHH I am scared now. I have very thick auburn hair. I know people lose hair and for some reason I didn't really think about it. I will just keep reminding myself that it grows back eventually.
    Don't worry about it. Honestly, this is just something that is just bothering me because I know how thick it normally is. No one else has paid it any attention as they are only seeing my body's transformation. I am surrounded by people who would definitely say something if they noticed. I am trying to stay ahead of the curve and taking care of it before they notice. BOTH my Dr and hairdresser have said I the volume will return when it starts growing back as the new growth will be shorter than the rest making everything seem fuller, So in a couple of months I may be asking how to calm it down ;-)
    i have read this is a very common side effect, and took my biotin pre op...and was told to hold off psot op, but am allowed again now to continue but I am not consistent. I am lucky that this hasn't been an issue for me (so far?? could it still be a future problem i wonder?)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdee2559
    i have read this is a very common side effect, and took my biotin pre op...and was told to hold off psot op, but am allowed again now to continue but I am not consistent. I am lucky that this hasn't been an issue for me (so far?? could it still be a future problem i wonder?)
    I could not find anything extensions in the local stores that would match my hair color/texture. So I went back to my beautician (who I have been with for over 12 years) and she was very honest with me. I had first talked with her on the phone and told her how bald I was getting so she had me stop by for her to see. As I walked in the door she busted out laughing. She sat me down and said, "For the first time in your life your hair is laying like it is supposed to and you don't know how to handle that. We are constantly trying to thin it out and calm it down and now it doesn't take so much effort. Do you KNOW how many women want the amount of hair you are claiming is "bald"?!?!?" She literally pulled her hair into a pony and mine and had me feel the difference.
    My hair was absolutely coming out by the handfuls from month 3-6, but it is so much less now and apparently I had it to loose...so no extensions for me. I have replaced the Biotin with the IT WORKS Hair, Skin, and Nails and seeing fuzz growing back in so hopefully it will be back to the fullness I am accustomed to soon.
    I use clip in extensions all the time. I have nearly waist-length hair to start with but it is thin so I use the clip in ones to add fullness, especially when performing. I like them because you can control where they go (lower on the head, or on the crown) depending on how you want to style your hair that day.