Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MSprincipal

WLS revision options

Rate this Entry
I had vertical banded gastroplasty - stomach stapling almost 20 years ago. My pouch has stretched out and I have gained all my weight back in the past 6 years. I am looking at revision options. Anyone else had VBG and revised to bypass or sleeve?

Submit "WLS revision options" to Digg Submit "WLS revision options" to del.icio.us Submit "WLS revision options" to StumbleUpon Submit "WLS revision options" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is possible to have revision surgery, but in order to determine your revision options you are going to need to have a barium swallow performed, and the results sent to the doctor you choose to have your revision with.

My surgeon in Mexico has performed many revision surgeries for people that needed band removals, wanted to convert a restrictive procedure to a Bypass, or simply wanted to be re-sleeved so that they have that restriction again.

The results from your barium swallow test will allow your doctor to see if you are a good candidate for another bariatric surgery, as well as what surgeries might be the best option for you.

Talk with your doctor, and get a barium swallow, that will give you a starting point and help you determine your options.