Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pleasantly-Unplumping

One Week Post-Op!

Rate this Entry
Thought I'd post an update on my husband and my surgeries. We are one week post op and doing ok. I hear so many saying that they don't have any pain and don't take pain meds. I don't get it.

We both have incision pain. Especially on the one used to remove the discarded portion of the stomach. It isn't excruciating, but i is very uncomfortable. My husband is having a bit of drainage still through the one he had the drain and it is unusually red. We will keep an extra eye on it for another day or two before going to the dr.

We've both had minor fevers this week for a few days. Mostly at night and gone by the morning. None last night or today. We are both extremely exhausted by 7-8 at night.

Chicken broth sucks. That is all.

We've been drinking glucerna and protein shakes, not sure if it's too early, but, it sits a whole lot better. Adding almond milk to the protein shakes today and will see how it goes. We've also started liquid vitamins and crushing others with no issue. I've lost about 10 lbs and my husband has lost 14 since our pre-op diets.

I hear all of the above is normal. If anyone can relate, would love to hear and I hope this will help to inform others doing their research.

Ciao!

Submit "One Week Post-Op!" to Digg Submit "One Week Post-Op!" to del.icio.us Submit "One Week Post-Op!" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Week Post-Op!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I didn't have these problems but my daughter did. I watched her closely and sent her to the doctor when I couldn't take the stress anymore. The doctor told her it was all normal. One thing though about 12 weeks post op she ended up getting her gall bladder out so if you or your husband still have your gall bladder take your medicine to protect it but sometimes that may not help as it did not help her.
    Thanks for the reassurance, Sue_90210. I hope your daughter is doing better now. We will take care to keep watch and our meds. Thanks!