Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aglb

1 year today - and it has flown by

Rate this Entry
I now understand why alcoholics celebrate their sobriety birthdays because today is my 1 year surgery anniversary and I want to celebrate. Best decision I have ever, ever made was to do this surgery. I have zero regrets. My starting weight was not as high as many but I am down 70 pounds from surgery, 93 pounds from my highest weight. I haven't lost any additional weight in 2-3 months but I haven't been exercising either. I eat frequently - every 2-3 hours. About 4 -8 ounces depending on whether it is yogurt or meat. I still get shock from people who haven't seen me in awhile and still dance around what I want to share based on who it is and how well I know them. Some I tell, some I don't share more than that i have been working with a doctor for 2 years. I love my sleeve even though I can eat a bit more than I could early on - I actually miss the greater restriction I had early on (for those of you in early stages, take advantage of those early months because weight loss does slow 6-8 months after) - I am about 7 pounds from my personal goal which is still at the top of the weight charts for my height (5 ft) but I went from a tight size 16 or 18 pant to a size 8 pant - some are even a size 6. And my bmi is in the normal range now - (I started in the 42 range I think) -I hope my journey has given others encouragement as other's journey on this forum gave me the answers and encouragement I needed in those early months. It is so hard to believe it has been a year today. I feel amazing and so very grateful for this gift.

Submit "1 year today - and it has flown by" to Digg Submit "1 year today - and it has flown by" to del.icio.us Submit "1 year today - and it has flown by" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 year today - and it has flown by" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

aglb, I salute you! Congratulations on your good work and your wonderful success.
    Congratulations and Happy 1 Year Anniversary!
    Congrats!
    Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!
    Woo hoo! Congratulations! I think it's like a birthday because I feel like I've been reborn! My surgiversary is next month and I'm going to celebrate like a birthday! Maybe I can ask everyone to give me gifts of clothes or something...No cake!
    What a difference a year makes! Congrats......
    Congratulations! Sounds like it's been a wonderful change to your life.
    Happy surgiversary!
    Keep up the good work
    Congrats on your surgery anniversary and your success. I will take it anyday. You deserve to celebrate