Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CountryGirl72

11 months post-op tomorrow :)

Rate this Entry
I have zero and I mean zero complaints or regrets about my amazing sleeve. However... I hope the day comes when I can eat more than two chicken wings!!! I was told that in about a years time my stomach should be at the point of my max food capacity and know what a "meal" will be for me. Well... Tomorrow is month 11 and TWO chicken wings... Really? I'm gonna have to eat multiple times a day to maintain my weight so I don't keep losing. I seriously for real do NOT wanna lose any more pounds or inches.

This has been an interesting journey. I've seen some of us not exercise at all, some of us exercise our butts off etc... Me personally I have hardly exercised at all. Occasionally I do but I decided that I didn't wanna start something that I knew darn well that I probably wouldn't stick to and have to keep it up to keep my weight off or get it off. Whatever I am doin is workin! My husband is finally bringing me my treadmill from one of our houses that a lot of our stuff is stored in and I'm honestly concerned about using it because I do not wanna lose more weight. My labs say I'm healthy even without working out... So... Do I fix what isn't broken and working? Decisions... My doctor is surprised at how healthy I am knowing I don't exercise. I don't sit on my butt either. I keep my house clean, take care of my pets etc...

I'm still losing between .2 to .5 lbs a week (a full pound every now and then). So... I apparently need to be able to eat more to maintain. The times I "think" I'm maintaining are the two weeks before my menstrual cycle decides to join me. After that comes and goes back to weight loss!!!

This became more of a post than I originally planned but it's all on my mind.

About a week ago I finally told everyone about my surgery. My sister has decided to have the same surgery and I wanted her to have as much family support as possible so I spilled my secret journey. Also... Some of my husbands family was making accusations about me bein anorexic so I had to set them straight. I surprisingly had more support and positive feedback than I ever expected. It feels simply amazing!

During this journey my amazing husband has lost 103 lbs with me helping make his food choices. No surgery for him!!! I'm so proud of him!!!

Ok... I think I've said enough for now!

Submit "11 months post-op tomorrow :)" to Digg Submit "11 months post-op tomorrow :)" to del.icio.us Submit "11 months post-op tomorrow :)" to StumbleUpon Submit "11 months post-op tomorrow :)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

WOW u guys are adorable... Congrats on your Story and loss....Thanks for being so true and owning it...U told the truth reg... Exercise....I'm myself Am A crazy, caring mom and grandma to the pets,: ect....From 7:00am to 9:00 pm Breakfast, Pets, House, Laundry, Dishes, Lunch, Arrons, Vaccumme, Dust, Pick up, Dinner, Dishes again,Ect, Love it But ur right it is moving and Motion , Thanks for making me feel so much better......
    Exercise can also help you maintain your weight. Muscles that are not being used tend to atrophy with weight loss. By working out muscle groups you can gain a little mass and also tone up areas. I am not saying that you need to become a body builder by any sense of the word, just saying that some light workouts or aerobics can also help you maintain your healthy weight. Godspeed on your journey.
    Congrats to the both of you. You look great. I havent had surgery yet but cant wait for the day I tell myself I dont need to lose anymore weight. Great job!
    The easiest way to add more calories to your diet is to add healthy fats, e.g., olive oil, coconut oil, etc. A tablespoon a day of either / both in the form of salad dressings, sauces, remoulades, meat dips, etc. will probably solve your new problem.
    I am 11 months out also and max out at 6-7 bites no matter what it is. I eat every couple of hours and drink a protein shake in the morning and have a protein bar as a snack in the afternoon plus have my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My daily calorie intake is between 1000-1100 a day. When I was just running I was losing on a consistent basis. Now that I also incorporated strength training I maintain my weight for about 3 weeks and then lose a couple of pounds and then maintain again.