Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

groundedsteve

big deal b-day tomorrow (... 50 ... yeesh)

Rate this Entry
and my birthday present to myself?? i've lost another 4 pounds - down 52. YAY!! three months out, just got back from teaching an exercise class where i whipped them into a frenzy and when i got home i got on the scale and received my "gift". So happy!

i've been watching the blogs and commenting here or there and i have to say, i am so proud of everyone on here for being so open and honest with their journey. the support that everyone gives - albeit sometimes in the form of tough love is truly from the heart and is what we all need in order to be successful.

Thank you all for helping me get through this journey - it has been relatively painless but your stories helped in the few rough patches.

keep up the great everyone!

Submit "big deal b-day tomorrow (... 50 ... yeesh)" to Digg Submit "big deal b-day tomorrow (... 50 ... yeesh)" to del.icio.us Submit "big deal b-day tomorrow (... 50 ... yeesh)" to StumbleUpon Submit "big deal b-day tomorrow (... 50 ... yeesh)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy birthday! And congratulations on such a great success!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD FART!

(from one "old fart" to another, I turned 50 in August)
    Hell, you are a spring rooster compared to some of us on here! Enjoy your birthday!
    Happy birthday!! You are doing great!! Just think what you will be giving yourself next year.

Laura
    Happy b-day and congrats on the new you!
    Happy Birthday, it only gets better after 50 LOL...Great work on ur journey ,and u are right the blog helps so much...
    Happy Birthday!! I will be 53 in a couple weeks. Eeek!! 50 is not so bad. New life for you, congrats on the weight loss.
    Happy birthday, Steve! 50 was one of the best years of my life! That year, I met and married my beloved husband and got a new job that raised the arc of my career ever since.

What kind of exercise class are you teaching? I'd love to hear about that.
    ann2, my class is an hour. 2 sessions of hard cardio (spinning and treadmill work about 10 minutes each starting and then after first session of weights) and then lifting (light weights and lots of reps) ... finished with about 5-10 minutes of abs (planks and core), pushups/squats, stretching and band work. i usually sweat about a gallon. If there is too much chatter we work harder. Its a tough class. The more weight i lose, the harder it gets ... not necessarily something my class appreciates ... it's good for them though (i keep reminding them)
    Wow! I would come to that class! SOOOO impressive. Thanks for the inspiration, Steve.